586,103 active members*
3,855 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

hooking computer to my hurco

I recently bought a Hurco KMB I mill with the bx mpu upgrade. I have run it with the converstional programming but now I am trying to hook up a computer to send g codes to it. I setup the rs232 as the instructions say but it still won't receive the program.

I used deskengrave to create the program and I am trying transfer the file with a program called Hurcom that I downloaded from the company that made the bx upgrade. The hurcom program shows that the file is being transferred but it never gets to the mill. One major question that I have is what should the file extension be on the programs that I am trying to send to the machine?

make sure % sign on first line of program...extension not important, but normally .HNC

make absolutely sure you have cabling correct per instructions (null modem cable between pc and cnc)...it will work

I to have a Hurco KMB1 w/BX controller. Now I know of the hurcom program, You are saying that If I use hurcom I can run g-code.
    Does the code need to come from a cad/cam program or can I program long hand in note pad then save to hurcocom. If this is the case that would be great.

Hey JP what was that website I cant remember.

must be properly cad\cam generated post-processed G-CODE program

So what would you recommend for the proper cad/cam. I have kadkey it is an older like 2000-03 will that work?

requirements for running nc (g-code) programs in hurco cnc:
    1.hurco cnc must be in nc mode
    2.pc and hurco must be properly connected between serial ports using null modem-type cable.
    3.must have suitable communication program in pc to download program to cnc
    4.must have nc program that has been post-processed to run in hurco nc
    5.program must have a % sign on first line,should have E on last line
    6.must properly setup communication protocols (com port, baud rate, characer length, stop bits, handshake).
    7.know that especially in the bx series your program probably will not entirely fit in the cnc memory buffer, so the whole communication\cnc setup will drip-feed the program as it runs the program in auto mode.sometimes feedrate\communication setups need to be tweaked for best performance.

does cadkey generate g-code programs that can be posted for hurco bx series cnc?...not familiar...

Not sure. But how do switch to nc mode. Also just to let you know I do have 4 dec. places. That is a bx right? I am guessing that the hurco has alittle diff. post not like other cnc's