586,104 active members*
3,427 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > Chinese Laser repair in the midwest/East coast (Specifically Ohio)

Chinese Laser repair in the midwest/East coast (Specifically Ohio)

I have an 80w Rabbit Laser that the company I purchased from refuses to service (Refer to this post: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/genera...-warranty.html )

My laser will drift as it cuts which puts cuts out of alignment as the program continues. I also have serious jagged edges that I believe are a result of something bad in the X-Axis (You can feel the head vibrate when it moves in the X). I think the machine is losing steps due to this.

Rabbit Laser USA informed me that anything that electricity touches is not covered under their warranty, so I'm looking for someone in the area that might be able to troubleshoot the machine. It's definitely something in the controls or motor territory.

Re: Chinese Laser repair in the midwest/East coast (Specifically Ohio)

Really, I'd source and buy a new motor, controller, and driver, probably cost about $500, 50, 75 respectively (so leave the controller if you'd like to try the other two to start) and then sw ap out parts....could swap axis of course too with the drivers and motors your have. Check the mechanics while the motors are off for anything too tight.

Re: Chinese Laser repair in the midwest/East coast (Specifically Ohio)

I just sent you a PM