586,416 active members*
3,398 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Documentation for Setup Sheet(s)

Documentation for Setup Sheet(s)

Has anyone came across any documentation on V27 Setup Sheet(s)?
    Steve
    V28/29 4x Pro, Haas VF-3SSYT, Haas SL-30

Re: Documentation for Setup Sheet(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alf0412 View Post
    Has anyone came across any documentation on V27 Setup Sheet(s)?
    Left click on "Milling Job" right click and select "Generate Setup Sheet" from the list and you will get a drop down list with all the different types of setup sheet available, select the one you fancy and click on the "OK" button.

Regards
    Rob
    :rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro:

Rob,

Yes, I'm aware that I can choose the one I want, however, as an example, the Full Setup Sheet for the Lathe always outputs HSS for the Tool Material. There is an obvious mistake in the bcss_format.xsl and/or Setup_Sheet.xml. There has to be some documentation that gives us the variables being passed by the Mill, Lathe, etc. In this case their using tool_material, but it does not update when using the Lathe, the Mill appears to work fine. My guess is they have not updated the tool_material variable from the Lathe module, or perhaps another variable name is passed, but the label from the xml file is <tool_material>. I would expect some documentation similar to the Lathe Post Variables.
    Steve

Steve

OK, sorry, I got the wrong end of it there, yes, I agree there is an issue with the Lathe setup sheet, having said that there actually isn`t a specific Lathe sheet at all, only several Mill and Wire and the Full setup sheets

It doesn`t appear to output the Tool Nose Radius as well as the wrong insert material, all pretty normal for the Lathe side of the software, it usually lags a couple of years/versions, it`s actually quite good now

No, I haven`t seen any documentation of the type you describe, I`m afraid it would have to be a "chuck it up to BobCAD" solution

Sorry not able to help on this one I`m afraid

Regards
    Rob
    :rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro:

Actually, you can copy say the C:\BobCAD-CAM Data\BobCAD-CAM V27\Setup Sheets\Templates\Mill SetupSheet, paste and rename it to C:\BobCAD-CAM Data\BobCAD-CAM V27\Setup Sheets\Templates\Lathe SetupSheet and it will appear in the menu of choices. We have done this and the code will pick it up. We have also made several changes to our setup sheets.

Thanks for the help. Maybe BobCAD will chime in hear?
    Steve

@Alf thanks for the info!
    Do you happen to know how to the edit the format of the SUS xml; is it bcss format xls or Data only? The choices seem to be backwards
    maybe a question for Uncle Bob. Is there a way for page breaks to be between SUS blocks? That would make looking at multi sheet SUS easier.

You don't edit the Setup_Sheet.xml, this is created by the application (BobCAD). The bcss_format.xsl stylesheet is where you make any changes to the Setup Sheets. The bcss_style.css (cascading style sheets) is used to format the html inside the .xsl. You need to use XPath 1.0 and XSLT 1.0 documentation to make changes to the .xsl. If you look closely in the .xsl you will see the <field names> used from the .xml; example xml: <machine_name>BC_2x_Lathe</machine_name> and .xsl: setup_sheet/header_data/machine_name. I'm not real well versed in XPath and XSLT, but I have googled the page break question and as yet have not found a solution.
    Steve

I too would like some documentation on the Setup Sheets. I always read my EULA and I was bothered by the section that seemed to say it wasn't allowable to upload the included Setup Sheets to the web. With no documentation and no way to swap files with other users I can't see how a user is supposed to be able to learn how to modify the output.

Not a big fan of EULA's that aren't obvious to the end user what rights you are giving up.

1.4 License Grant for Internal Training or Documentation. Screen captures, videos, web sites and other training or documentation materials ("Multi-Media") may be created while using the Licensed Software. You may copy and modify the Multi-Media as part of your internal implementation and non-commercial reference purposes only, including internal web sites, but you are not licensed to do any of the following:

. You may not sell, license or distribute copies of the Multi-Media by themselves or as part of any collection, product or service if the primary value of the product or service is the Multi-Media.

. You may not grant customers of your product or service any rights to license or distribute the Multi-Media.

. You may not license or distribute any of the Multi-Media that include representations of identifiable individuals, governments, logos, initials, emblems, trademarks, or entities for any commercial purposes or to express or imply any endorsement or association with any product, service, entity, or activity.

. You may not create obscene or scandalous works, as defined by federal law at the time the work is created, using the Multi-Media.

In addition, you must (a) indemnify and defend BobCAD-CAM from and against any claims or lawsuits, including attorneys' fees that arise from or result from the licensing, use or distribution of Multi-Media as created or modified by you, and (b) include a valid copyright notice on your products and services that include the Multi-Media.

Yeah, I'm not sure we'll see any changes soon. We have updated ours to the best of our ability. I actually simplified our Setup Sheets by removing all the coding required for anything except Mill/Lathe, then created separate sheets for Mill and Lathe. I'm not sure that the EULA prevents us from sharing Setup Sheet information because it is very similar to the posts, and we have not been warned on this forum about helping/sharing post fixes.
    Steve

This video may help fill in some of the gaps for you guys.

Al DePoalo
    Partner Product Manager BobCAD CAM, Inc. 866-408-3226 X147