Quote Originally Posted by RichardEisenman View Post
you want to boot up on DOS 6.22 and use the DIS FDISK that is on the DOS 6.22 disk
> I ask this because the linux guys recommend not using linux fdisk if you are configuring the drive for DOS

Regarding how you partition with Fdisk specifically: it depends on the HURCO OS version you are installing. Here are some notes for versions 1.xx and 2.xx https://goo.gl/kCkKvk
The 2 links you listed (install notes and the file with hurco utilities ) was perfect , I dragged (drug) out another old computer i had that allowed me to set the hard drive params in the bios ,,copied the hurco files I downloaded from your link to a floppy , discovered the floppy drive in the computer i was using to load all this was bad ( reason why i couldn't find a drive letter for it previously) changed it out and everything went perfect.. I followed your notes to a tee except that my floppy drive is b: instead of a: but that was no problem to figure out.
The bad news is hurco still won't load.
one question would be that in my config file from the config floppy there is 3 versions listed, v1_34, v1_35 , v1_54.. v1_54 was the last one created on the floppy so that was the only one I copied to the hard drive , is this correct?? or do I need to make dir for each of them and copy them all? If i only needed the latest version,, which I did put on the hard drive,, then maybe I have more problems.
And I want to thank you greatly for all your patience and information, It's not running yet but at least I'm further along than I was.