586,217 active members*
3,478 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > DNC Problems and Solutions > COntrol Solutions Shadow CNC Rs-232 handsake to computer?????

COntrol Solutions Shadow CNC Rs-232 handsake to computer?????

Hi folks,

I have been working on getting a cnc machine I purchased up and running. ITs has a Shadow Cnc controller made by control solutions. I am trying to use vectric software to send the program to the controller. I think my issue is it isn't communicating with the control box through the rs-232. I also am not sure but it seems I need another program to drip feed it to the controller? I . Hoping someone can help me figure out how to get the two to talk to each other. I am fairly sure I am missing something obvious. I can program the controller with g code to make it work and it will that way So I know the cnc is working.

Any thoughts

Thanks

Ross

Re: COntrol Solutions Shadow CNC Rs-232 handsake to computer?????

Hi Ross
    Did you ever get this figured out ? I might be of some help. Gary at HPbyGD dot com
    GD

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnik View Post
    Hi folks,

I have been working on getting a cnc machine I purchased up and running. ITs has a Shadow Cnc controller made by control solutions. I am trying to use vectric software to send the program to the controller. I think my issue is it isn't communicating with the control box through the rs-232. I also am not sure but it seems I need another program to drip feed it to the controller? I . Hoping someone can help me figure out how to get the two to talk to each other. I am fairly sure I am missing something obvious. I can program the controller with g code to make it work and it will that way So I know the cnc is working.

Any thoughts

Thanks

Ross