586,708 active members*
2,468 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Any HAAS reps in the forum

I need some help I need to Report a problem that I had with my HFO a couple of weeks ago.
    Thanks

Re: Any HAAS reps in the forum

Quote Originally Posted by WATERJET71 View Post
    I need some help I need to Report a problem that I had with my HFO a couple of weeks ago.
    Thanks
    Call the Haas factory in Oxnard, CA. They are usually pretty good at listening to customer concerns. You might have to call the NON toll free number, some of the toll free numbers route back to the local dealer.

Good luck!

If you dont get the problem resolved post back and i can give you number to the Haas customer advocate. I had a problem years back and it was immediately straightened out after i called them. Have never had to use it again since there service is usually pretty good IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by GITRDUN View Post
    If you dont get the problem resolved post back and i can give you number to the Haas customer advocate. I had a problem years back and it was immediately straightened out after i called them. Have never had to use it again since there service is usually pretty good IMO.
    Yes They fixed the problem. After almost 3 weeks and 7 technicians . That Problem I have is that they just kept guessing on what was wrong with the machine . They were just ordering parts left and right . and the problem was my Breaker at my electrical panel. Now they are sending me all the invoices . For all the parts and labor they were installing. when all I needed was a breaker. I called them and of course they don't return my phone calls. So I wanted to talk to some one at the factory if what they are doing is right.
    But if you can get me the Haas # so I can call and see what they say.

Thanks

Sounds like your HFO needs to eat their bill.

Sounds like they need to not charge for parts. Labor would be on you, at least a portion of it. Techs are not electricians, in fact they should never even be in your breaker panels, none are bonded for that kind of work other than lotto.

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    Sounds like they need to not charge for parts. Labor would be on you, at least a portion of it. Techs are not electricians, in fact they should never even be in your breaker panels, none are bonded for that kind of work other than lotto.
    What would I pay for labor? One of the 7 tech that came over he crossed the main wires . He felt so stupid that within 2 minutes after what he did he just said I have to go. I come back tomorrow. yeah he did come back the next day and again he spend about 2 hours couldn't figure it out what the hell he was doing . Finally he said I have to go I'm from a different area my plane leaves in 2 hours they need to send some one else. So I have to pay for their F&*( training as well? F&*( That.

We had a very similar problem with haas here in the UK. Our TM1 was randomly shutting down part way through jobs. Haas kept sending a very young and seemingly inexperienced tech out to try and fix it who just kept ordering random parts from the US. After about 5 or 6 visits we got very fed up and insisted haas send someone more senior. Within an hour of the senior engineer being here he'd diagnosed the fault, an d even went to the effort of driving to the haas showroom and taking the part we needed out of their demo machine so we didn't have to wait for one to be shipped from the US.

We need to buy a second machine but haas after sales support seems so sh*t that I think we'll end up with a hurco next time

Unless its a Haas only dealer, I'm afraid that's how it is usually. Once the tech gets good, they move them to the higher end lines. You should pay for one service call with travel at most. Problem with Haas, they don't provide documentation, or prints. They are kinda built to repair like a copy machine. I will say calling Haas directly has worked every time for me, the phone support at the factory is pretty good. And I will also say Haas reliability is 10x better than Hurco. We have those POS's as well.

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    Unless its a Haas only dealer, I'm afraid that's how it is usually. Once the tech gets good, they move them to the higher end lines. You should pay for one service call with travel at most. Problem with Haas, they don't provide documentation, or prints. They are kinda built to repair like a copy machine. I will say calling Haas directly has worked every time for me, the phone support at the factory is pretty good. And I will also say Haas reliability is 10x better than Hurco. We have those POS's as well.
    Yes I understand I should pay for the first visit . I was the one that called for the service but after that . everything went down south. Even the first Tech said I don't think you will need this but WTH i'm just going to order it just in case. Then it was just like . OPSss is not this. and they just kept on guessing . one of them even crossed the Hot wires. I was like Really dude?

Yes I understand I should pay for the first visit . I was the one that called for the service but after that . everything went down south. Even the first Tech said I don't think you will need this but WTH i'm just going to order it just in case. Then it was just like . OPSss is not this. and they just kept on guessing . one of them even crossed the Hot wires. I was like Really dude?
    Whatever was ordered that did not fix the problem should have been removed and your originals put back in.

Hopefully the factory will help bring some satisfaction.
    Good luck!

The service techs dont do much diagnosing. They simply aim for the obvious part or board with the problem and replace it. Sometimes after they go out to the van to call the boss to see what he thinks about it. Ive never seen one actually pull out a volt meter to check anything. They are just there to pull out the bad part and put in the new one. They arent electricians. But with that said their over the phone tech support is fantastic and doesnt cost a thing. You can order a part and have it next day aired and be down for less than 24hours. I have never called to order a replacement part and not found it to be in stock and ready to ship. The replacement parts are priced reasonable enough when compared to most Jap machines.

Haas customer advocate number i have is 805-988-6980.
    Good luck.

The service techs dont do much diagnosing. They simply aim for the obvious part or board with the problem and replace it. Sometimes after they go out to the van to call the boss to see what he thinks about it. Ive never seen one actually pull out a volt meter to check anything. They are just there to pull out the bad part and put in the new one. They arent electricians. But with that said their over the phone tech support is fantastic and doesnt cost a thing. You can order a part and have it next day aired and be down for less than 24hours. I have never called to order a replacement part and not found it to be in stock and ready to ship. The replacement parts are priced reasonable enough when compared to most Jap machines.

Haas customer advocate number i have is 805-988-6980.
    Good luck.
    I called customer service. They told me to send an email to the Manager I did next day he sent me an email to give him a day to talk to the dealer . same day the dealer sent me an email . I only have to pay like $200 bucks .
    That's they way to do business.!!!!

I called customer service. They told me to send an email to the Manager I did next day he sent me an email to give him a day to talk to the dealer . same day the dealer sent me an email . I only have to pay like $200 bucks .
    That's what I am talking about! :cheers:

I doubt many other manufacturers would take care of a small shop customer that way. We have had to tell Okuma to just sue us before to get them to take care of BS bill they gave us. And after one of their service guys mouthed off to me in my shop about buying used machines i havent called them back in to service anything i own.

Great news!

I doubt many other manufacturers would take care of a small shop customer that way. We have had to tell Okuma to just sue us before to get them to take care of BS bill they gave us. And after one of their service guys mouthed off to me in my shop about buying used machines i havent called them back in to service anything i own.
    To the OP.....GREAT NEWS..... As for Mr. Gitrdun..... I once had an Okuma tech in my building for a 30 minute job, it was through the dealer Morris South, They have a 3 hour minimum policy, he fixed my problem, and wanted to leave. I said NO WAY, he spent the next 2.5 hours cleaning my machine.....he was not happy.