586,116 active members*
3,334 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > CNC Plasma / Oxy Fuel Cutting Machines > Anyone have any experience with a SH-2200H or similar?

Anyone have any experience with a SH-2200H or similar?

A friend and I are looking to put together a new machine for his shop. He is currently using an older C&G with a burny controller. It is getting to a point where it is getting a little tired otherwise it handles most of the work they need to do with it. I am currently running linuxcnc with mesa control cards on my machine and really don't have any complaints. I do lack a shape library, and I am only running plasma, he needs to run plasma, scribe and oxy torch. He also doesn't care for how complex my machine seems to be to use. I will admit that I tend to get things working good enough to do the job and kind of leave it at that. So, I haven't even really looked into getting a shape library setup, or called someone for a post processor that calls subroutines. I manually edit my standard gcode files, only takes a moment and it works..

But anywho, back to the question. I have been seeing quite a few machines being sold on ebay and other places using machine controllers that can be found on ebay with what looks like everything that he is looking for in a controller and they are quite reasonably priced. I have downloaded some user manuals and looks like using one of these controllers might be the way to go for his machine. I am sure I am not the only one curious about these but haven't seen any posts from anyone who has used one, so it you have or know someone who has please chime in,, I would like to get going on his new machine asap.

Re: Anyone have any experience with a SH-2200H or similar?

Anyone?