586,094 active members*
3,758 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Looking for cutting speed and feerate data in wood and foam

Looking for cutting speed and feerate data in wood and foam

Is anyone here know where can I find datas about the cutting speed and feedrate in different type of wood taking into account of the tool bit datas ?

Same question for foam like polystyrol and polyurethane ?

I really don't cut much foam.
    The feedrate in wood is going to be dependant on several factors. It will most often be determined by the diameter of the bit, angle of rake, releif, and torque available to sustain feed and rotation.
    Depth of cut and type of wood will also come into play.
    They safest thing to do is contact a QUALITY tooling salesman that has experience servicing your specific industry ( or hobby needs). I use Leitz locally here in Dallas, but I am sure you can find someone there.

After a year of making the same cut at a pretty good rate with a very good finish (while thinking I knew what I was doing), my salesman saw my numbers, brought me a different bit and told me to triple my feedrate. The cut got even smoother and my bottom line went much sweeter.

All of that being said, most of the tool manufacturers will have technical data available for their bits refering to rim speed and feed. You might have to call and ask for it, but it is in their best interest to have their tools work as well as possible for you and usually like to help.

Best of luck,

Phill Pittman
    www.masterwerkes.com
    [email protected]
    Phill Pittman
    www.masterwerkes.com
    [email protected]