PM30 CNC Milling Machine

This is a CNC milling machine that I converted to CNC myself, and has only cut a few test pieces to gauge its abilities and its tuning.

The manual machine was a PM30-LV which is a BF30 variant, with great travels and about twice the size/weight of a G0704 /bf20 variant.

I am measuring the backlash as follows: X and Y at around 0.0005" and Z around 0.002", which is incredibly accurate.

The machine has the following specs:
X,Y, Z travels (21",10",15")
Precision double nut ball screws on each axis
570oz/in Nema23 steppers for both X and Y
906oz/in Nema34 stepper for Z
Air shock for Z stability
2 speed belt drive conversion (2000 low speed and around 4500 RPM's high speed)
Upgraded spindle bearings
One shot oiler system to keep all 3 axis ways and ball nuts oiled
Bellow way covers for all axis to keep the ways clean
Tormach TTS collet to be used with TTS tooling
Stand has heavy duty caster/mounts on them for portability
48V PSU
digital Kelling stepper drivers
C10 BOB
PC with Mach3 installed
C6 Mach3 spindle control
Mach3 controlled relay for flood/mist coolant
Probe/digitizer
Remote e-stop
Wired for limit switches
Full electical/control cabinet Nema cabinet and wired with fans and connectors for everything

I am including the stand with chip trays and heavy duty castors/rubber leveling stops that give this mill portability to move anywhere you need very easily, but also to easily mount it and level in no time at all for rigidity.

Every part of the conversion was modeled in solid works, so I have the cad files for the conversion, so if anyone ever needed to re-do any of it for any reason, it would be no problem at all. This includes the 3 axis conversion, as well as the belt drive conversion.

Compare this machine to a Tormach and you will see the great value. Comparable functionality, larger travels, significantly less expensive. Can be used with Linux CNC, Mach3, Mach4.

I am NOT including the south bend precision vice shown, but if someone is interested I can workout a deal to include the vice.

This machine is in perfect working condition, and is brand new in every way. I have only used it for a few test cuts to tune it in and verify its performance.

If someone is considering this machine as an entry to CNC, I would be happy to include CNC basic training to get the buyer up to speed on the basics of CNC including Mach3 and tool path creation so that once the machine is moved to your location, you will be able to use it instantly.

I am offering this as local pickup only. If someone really wants it shipped, I will consider, but we need to figure out fees separately.

List Date: 5/16/2015

For more info, click here to view the original listing: PM30 CNC Milling Machine
--------------------------------------
On Sale For: $4,900.00 (Local Pickup Only)

--------------------------------------

Mobile friendly version: PM30 CNC Milling Machine

Go Mobile: Download the free Panjo iOS app now!