586,201 active members*
4,063 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Tracker CNC plasma

Looking for some help with my CNC plasma table.

I recently purchased a used 4' x 8' plasma table manufactured by Tracker. My plunge control will not function properly. The service from Tracker has been, simply put, amazing. Justin from Tracker has helped my many times with settings and general questions that I had, when I bought he table. Being 10 years old, it did not come with any sort of warranty!!! The service and support that they have given me is not only gratis, but timely and very helpful. But since my table is 10 years old, parts are no longer available at this point, and I need help with the plunge control for my table.

My ACV works properly, and will raise or lower the head when and if the plate has a bow in it. But what I need to have operational is the plunge control. I am hoping that someone in the CNCzone will have also encountered the same issue, and will be able to tell me how to fix it or obtain a rebuilt THC board. Any information would be most helpful. Thanks in advance!!!

J.

Re: Tracker CNC plasma

from the Similar threads that came up on your post (below) maybe you could PM them and see if they have some advice? Just a thought. when you say plunge control can you describe what seems to be taking place? With my setup and sheetcam mach 3- I have a plunge rate I set. do you have anyhting like that? Does the torch rise up off the table, move over, settle to fire and then fire the torch? Best of luck.

Similar Threads:
    Tracker cnc software
    Tracker CNC plasma cutting machines
    Anyone have a Tracker cnc plasma table?
    Tracker CNC software
    Any Tracker CNC Owners out there?

Opps. . WRONG POST. not sure how ya delete a post? ? ?

Yeah- sounds like you have narrowed it down. If this flood pump is on a contactor then you'll need a contactor (relay) snubber). There should be one on any/all contactors and relays in a CNC environment I've been told. Link below and of course google relay snubber.

Cornell-Dubilier - 104M06QC150 - EMI/RFI Shielding/Suppression - Signal Filters - Allied Electronics

Thanks for taking the time in replying to my post Countryguy. What takes place with my plunge control, when enabled, is that it when I start a cut, I will bring the torch to the plate, slightly above the workpiece, then click on the AVC and also the plunge control. The torch will control the proper arc height, and maintain it through the cut. Once the cut is completed, the torch will move up, then the carriage will bring the torch to the next cut. Then the torch stays where it is, instead of coming back to the workpiece, arc height that is. Almost like it looses zero somehow. I have tried to shut off the drives and re-set the torch to full contact, then switch back the power on, bring the torch up as to clear the plate, then start a cut, but at the end of this cut, it will move mach up perhaps 2" above the work piece, then stay there once more... PITA! Hope this all makes some sense...

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure if you meant this reply for CNC plasma; sounds like it was meant to be for a mill or lathe...

Not sure this was meant for my quest, but rather for a cmc mill or lathe???

Are you using Mach 3 or some other control software? I think Mach 3 may need a bit of scripting to do what you need. Mine automatically goes back down at each start point until it hits my float switch. Then back up. Then down to pierce height and fires. Delays the milliseconds set and then to cut height and proceeds. End of cut goes back up to safe Z and on to the next start point or pierce point.
    Lee

Hi - the first was meant for you. The 2nd was another post for elsewhere. Opps. Anyway- On your, the concept of Torch Height Control or THC and a function that includes plunging is probably done many different ways. Do you know if your THC is capacitive? or gap voltage based? I would look there and examine. Also, ANY CHANGES before this took place? did anyone change any setting at all? There is some type of process for the whole torch prep to plunging into the material, cutting at proper height. All are part of a feedback loop with the up/down of your stepper or servo based upon that feedback loop I would assume? Did you happen to PM any of the other owners of your machine here? that's where I'd start. I'm guessing. Best of luck and keep us posted if you find a fix.

10 years? I think you might have gotten all the red off that lollipop!