Hey everyone. Finally got some programming done for this SNK Lathe (sut 60) I really think I must be missing something simple.
Maybe one of the toogle switches on the panel?? IDK

Anyway.. I have the machine set at a generic Machine Position (MP) of X-6.000 and Z-12.000. I know this isn't accurate, but for the sake of me learning here, lets just call this point in space, based on the stock, X1.0 Z0.030

Relative and absolute positioning all show 0's. the Offsets pages, wear offsets, and geometry offsets, all show 0's. the Work Positioning screen, (shift, g54,g55 etc) All show 0's.

For the life of me, I cant figure out how to get the absolute position to change. (I'm making the assumption that the absolute position is what I need, since my code is also in absolute)

I started by using MDI and typing "T1010" and hitting start.

I go into the geometry page, and go to the offset 10 line (using tool 10) and highlight X type in "X1.0 MEASURE" and nothing happens on the screen. I can type a random value in, and use the "input/+input" softkeys, and that puts a value into the space, but nothing changes on the position page .

If I keep pressing the "position" softkey, while back in an automatic mode, then the screen shows several lines with "*******" and when it gets down to the active tool line it reads "T10**" So Im thinking even though I called the tool offset in the MDI, Its not staying active.

Again, maybe Im doing something wrong, the machine was born 2 years before I was, and While im comfident on a new integrex, or other modern machine, this old fanuc control has me stumped...

anyone want to give a brother a hand! Drinks on me!