584,800 active members*
4,760 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc 11t - Tool offsets and compensations

Fanuc 11t - Tool offsets and compensations

Hey everyone. Finally got some programming done for this SNK Lathe (sut 60) I really think I must be missing something simple.
    Maybe one of the toogle switches on the panel?? IDK

Anyway.. I have the machine set at a generic Machine Position (MP) of X-6.000 and Z-12.000. I know this isn't accurate, but for the sake of me learning here, lets just call this point in space, based on the stock, X1.0 Z0.030

Relative and absolute positioning all show 0's. the Offsets pages, wear offsets, and geometry offsets, all show 0's. the Work Positioning screen, (shift, g54,g55 etc) All show 0's.

For the life of me, I cant figure out how to get the absolute position to change. (I'm making the assumption that the absolute position is what I need, since my code is also in absolute)

I started by using MDI and typing "T1010" and hitting start.

I go into the geometry page, and go to the offset 10 line (using tool 10) and highlight X type in "X1.0 MEASURE" and nothing happens on the screen. I can type a random value in, and use the "input/+input" softkeys, and that puts a value into the space, but nothing changes on the position page .

If I keep pressing the "position" softkey, while back in an automatic mode, then the screen shows several lines with "*******" and when it gets down to the active tool line it reads "T10**" So Im thinking even though I called the tool offset in the MDI, Its not staying active.

Again, maybe Im doing something wrong, the machine was born 2 years before I was, and While im comfident on a new integrex, or other modern machine, this old fanuc control has me stumped...

anyone want to give a brother a hand! Drinks on me!

Re: Fanuc 11t - Tool offsets and compensations

follow this...
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/fanuc/...ml#post1689328
    if that doesnt work your machine has parameter issues and/or some things are not enabled (meaning likely your parameters were lost or a similar problem, and reloaded by someone who didn't do the job properly)

yeah I found that thread last night and tried it. I dont know if its a parameter issue, or if its a me not pressing the buttons in the right order issue. lol.

So is there any paremeters I should look at to see if something is changed/wrong?

i'm not familiar with 11T but correct me if i'm wrong, looking at your first post, you called T1010 in MDI mode and then changed the value at the offset registry afterwards, then looked at the position screen and find that the value hasn't changed. the reason for this is that the new values that you have put in the tool offset page hasn't taken effect yet. in order to see the changes you have to call the tool with offset "after" you have changed the value, unlike work offsets (common to G59) which takes effect immediately.

T10/11/12/15/16/18/21 are all the same with regards to MDI operation and tool setting.

do this test....
    1. Zero return the machine (the position should read X0 Z0, if not power-cycle the machine to be sure all previous messing around is gone)
    2. in geometry for T10 put any number in the X and Z geometry
    3. in MDI type G0 T1010 ; [INSERT] [START]
    4. now look at the X Z position. it should read the numbers you put into the geometry, not 0
    (if it reads 0 still, you have a parameter problem)
    5. now press reset. the number will either change back to X0 Z0 or stay there.

if it goes back to X0 Z0 just remember to press reset before setting any tools or workshifts.

if it stays there you can't type G0 T1010, then set a tool. in other words you cant set tools if you have a geometry offset active.
    in this case you must type G0 T1000 ; [INSERT] [START] so that you cancel the offset, then you can set workshift and geometry.

or change the required parameter so that reset kills the offsets (work and geometry). then simply press reset, set tools and continue.

it would also help if you read some manuals about how to do things the right way instead of guessing, or look for the info on this forum or via google (there is a lot of info out there if you just look for it, including free books). if you don't have any proper Fanuc training the best way is get someone local (or a friend) to show you how it is done. otherwise you will be messing around for years not knowing what is right and what is wrong

I bought some Fanuc 11 manuals on ebay. They are very useful. Some things are still specific to the tool manufacturer. Have you homed the machine first?

Sent from my VS500 using Tapatalk

I’m having the same issue, did you figure it out?