586,094 active members*
3,825 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Makino A77 with Renishaw probe

We are in need of a little help with our Makino A77. We just received 2 in from a sister plant and are trying to install Renishaw probes on them. One came in factory installed and the second we installed the probe and interface on from parts sent in. The machine that we installed the parts on works properly as we have the probe tied into the skip signal and when we trigger the probe ( Renishaw OMP 40 probe ) we see the LED's on the interface board change and the input X4.7 change from high to low and stay until the probe is released where it changes back to high. The problem is the second machine that came factory installed with the same receiver and interface board does not work. We use the same probe and when we turn it on we can deflect the probe and see the LED's on the probe turn red and the LED's on the interface board change but the skip input X4.7 does not change. When we release the probe we get a momentary pulse. Since we use the same probe I am thinking this is in the machine parameters and not the probe side but these are the only Makino's we have and I have tried looking at the parameters and have had not luck finding what might be the correct ones. If anyone has had any experience with Makino's and installing probe systems on them and could point us in the correct direction I would appreciate it.

Re: Makino A77 with Renishaw probe

What control is on the machine?

Makino Pro 3 on top of a Fanuc 16i

I have some manuals at home, I will look tonight to see if there are any custom side parameters to enable the probe. Makino is not much help on the phone, maybe your dealer will help. I think you are in Tech Equip's territory 1-800-852-0852

Thanks, I appreciate it. I will also check out Tech Equipment. I think they have been in on other projects here in the past.