586,096 active members*
3,626 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Hurco BMC 20 startup problem

When starting the machine, both the crt's don't come on. The manual says to check the fuses for the control panel. I took the covers off the control panel and cannot see any fuses in there. The machine was manufactured in the late 80's. I have been able to repair the machine every time it acted up. I had started the machine earlier in the day and went to use it several hours later with my current problem. If you can help thanks in advance.
    Steve Paul

Later in the day I tried the machine and the CRT's came on. I had touched some of the connections in the controll panel checking for good connections. It also was a very rainy day. Now the machine is running but won't accect a file trasfer from my computer. I use Mastercam's communicater software to send the G-code to the machine. I tried plugging into the other port on the machine but got the same result.

late 80's machine would be maxII control. in the bottom ofthe console is a board called the fpcc (front panel cable connect) board. at the back of this board is an orange connector with several black wires coming up from inside the console pendant. these wires bring in 5, 12, and 24 vdc to the console. the monitors run off of 12 vdc. these wire connections sometimes become intermittent over the years. also check the dc power supply for proper voltages. you should find all of the voltages stable with no ac ripple. (.01 volts or less ripple.) the serial ports are connected to a serial board that is piggy-backed on the cpu board. check the cable connections. big question--did the serial ports ever work? if not, you probably have a cable issue or are not configuring the ports properly. do you have a manual for the machine. the serial connections are explained in the manual. ron

Thanks Ron,
    I do have manuals for the machine. I did find an automotive fuse in the back of the consol and it was good. The serial ports worked before. I did trace the wires to the card rack but haven't tried disconnecting them yet. The machine has been starting properly since I tried manipulating the connections in the control panel. I tried connecting to the #1 serial port but got the same result. I was a repairman for many years in an underground coal mine here in Illinois and understand the importance of a good connection. I thought the PC might have an issue and I need to retry the coonection to the com port. I will be checking the things you suggested later this morning.
    Thanks for the info
    Steve Paul
    Thanks

jawwad

I need manual of BMC 20