586,096 active members*
3,775 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > Need help with the following Servo Motor

Need help with the following Servo Motor

Hello.

I was lucky to find 3 motors like the ones in the picture among rubish material in a junk yard. They work fineand was removed from what was left of a lipstick factory machine.

I believe the guy who works at the junk yard had no clue of what this is and sold me as junk.. It was something like U$ 5,00 per kilo of this .. (sold as material)

Obviously I bought all 3 along with 3 reduction box gears ( the one in the picture) and I paid around 70 bucks for it..

It seems to be a good deal, since I have searched and found some used (in worst condition) been sold for around U$ 700 each ...

Now my problem is...

1 I need some techinical information about this.. I tryied the factory (Krones) but the guy who exchanged some e mails with me seems to have no knowledge of his own product whatsoever.. So I desisted to try to get info from Krones..

All I know is what is marked on the label..

ISD401
    Servo - Drive 0-900-41-790-8 Krones
    Uin 300VDC (probably operating voltage - DC 300 )
    Lin 4,4 A DC 5% EQ (probably operating amperage )
    Mn 10Nm S3 5% 30s (torque info)
    Ambient 40 C/104 F (temperature. )
    Nm 600 rpm
    part number 17507000
    serial 131508207

Ok , this informations already help a little.. But I would like to know more about it..
    For example, is 600 rpm a good rotation for axis control?
    What kind of drive I need to control this motor ( or does it already have the drive inside it?) How do i connect this motor to my computer and to the power source.. (is there any schematic to it) ? the schematics may be one of my most important need.

Well, in general..
    I would like to hear what you guys know about this and would like suggestions to use it..

It seems to have a high torque.. What is best Ball bearing screw or belts or drivechain?

Thank you in advance for the help;..

I am designing my CNC Router and I will base the structure on this motors if they are a good option to use ..

Motor.
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/attach...d=281668&stc=1http://www.cnczone.com/forums/attach...d=281672&stc=1http://www.cnczone.com/forums/attach...d=281674&stc=1

Gear box w/o reduction.. 1:1 I think its called diferential.. like a L (elbow transmition) very usefull to the Z Axis..
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/attach...d=281680&stc=1http://www.cnczone.com/forums/attach...d=281682&stc=1

Re: Need help with the following Servo Motor

fernando123,

I don't think you are as lucky as you think you are. Those motor specifications are not what you would want driving a CNC table.

Ron
    Obama's Miracle > One pill will treat all of the old folk's health problems

Quote Originally Posted by RFB View Post
    fernando123,

I don't think you are as lucky as you think you are. Those motor specifications are not what you would want driving a CNC table.

Ron
    Ok. Can you tell me something about these motors?

Enviado de meu SM-G530H usando Tapatalk

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/servo-...-software.html

Looks to be a CANbus integrated driver servo. It's not something that can be easily interfaced and be used. You will have to find the master CANbus controller unit and 300volt power supply for these drives to work. Control programs like MACH3 and LinuxCNC will not be able to work with these drives.

I would try to sell them in eBay and try to get a few bucks back if you are lucky.

fernando123,

300VDC is unusually high and 600 RPM is unusually slow. I can only assume that the RPM is rated at the final drive. Remove the gear reduction head, set up a shaft tachometer and then apply power to the motor. It would be beneficial to know how many Volts are required to generate 1000 RPM. That might be something that a local motor shop could do for you.

What is the service Voltage requirement? Being Swedish I would guess that it is 380VAC. Do you know what type of signal input the drive amplifiers require? Have you checked online for spares? It's a real bummer when your CNC machine breaks down and you cannot find replacement parts.

My initial statement was not intended to be negative. I have owned some odd ball components and it's an up hill battle and if you cannot access technical document then the hill gets much steeper.

Ron
    Obama's Miracle > One pill will treat all of the old folk's health problems

Quote Originally Posted by jfong View Post
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/servo-...-software.html

Looks to be a CANbus integrated driver servo. It's not something that can be easily interfaced and be used. You will have to find the master CANbus controller unit and 300volt power supply for these drives to work. Control programs like MACH3 and LinuxCNC will not be able to work with these drives.

I would try to sell them in eBay and try to get a few bucks back if you are lucky.
    I have seen some arduino can bus shield. And there is also a can bus converter, that converts whatever signal from usb or paralel port into canbus packages.
    I think the main issue is for me to find out what kind of signals the drive understands. Then I guess I will only need to convert these signals and send it in a can bus line.

Quote Originally Posted by RFB View Post
    fernando123,

300VDC is unusually high and 600 RPM is unusually slow. I can only assume that the RPM is rated at the final drive. Remove the gear reduction head, set up a shaft tachometer and then apply power to the motor. It would be beneficial to know how many Volts are required to generate 1000 RPM. That might be something that a local motor shop could do for you.

What is the service Voltage requirement? Being Swedish I would guess that it is 380VAC. Do you know what type of signal input the drive amplifiers require? Have you checked online for spares? It's a real bummer when your CNC machine breaks down and you cannot find replacement parts.

My initial statement was not intended to be negative. I have owned some odd ball components and it's an up hill battle and if you cannot access technical document then the hill gets much steeper.

Ron
    Its ok. I did nt get it the negative way. It is a realistic opinion. It is really being a pain to set these up. I will try some more, if no success I sell it and I will purchase some 1600 oz stepper kit

Need help with the following Servo Motor

Quote Originally Posted by fernando123 View Post
    I have seen some arduino can bus shield. And there is also a can bus converter, that converts whatever signal from usb or paralel port into canbus packages.
    I think the main issue is for me to find out what kind of signals the drive understands. Then I guess I will only need to convert these signals and send it in a can bus line.

If there anything like the AMC servo drivers, there isn't a analog 10volt or step/dir type signal to drive the motor. It uses CANbus serial commands to tell the drive to move. If you can find a copy of manual it will list the hundreds of program commands needed. You also needs a CANbus controller unit to send those commands.

I have a IXXAT USB CANbus controller.. This is a pretty expensive CANbus interface and is used by many motion control companies to program their hardware. If you can get a hold of the drive programming software, you can also use this to run the drives. Chances are the drive software will be compatible to the IXXAT.

In reality these drives are way to specialized to use unless you want to spend more money and lots of time learning how to program CANbus. You still have to find a copy of the drive programming manual first. It's a pretty big uphill battle to get everything needed.

Quote Originally Posted by jfong View Post
    If there anything like the AMC servo drivers, there isn't a analog 10volt or step/dir type signal to drive the motor. It uses CANbus serial commands to tell the drive to move. If you can find a copy of manual it will list the hundreds of program commands needed. You also needs a CANbus controller unit to send those commands.

I have a IXXAT USB CANbus controller.. This is a pretty expensive CANbus interface and is used by many motion control companies to program their hardware. If you can get a hold of the drive programming software, you can also use this to run the drives. Chances are the drive software will be compatible to the IXXAT.

In reality these drives are way to specialized to use unless you want to spend more money and lots of time learning how to program CANbus. You still have to find a copy of the drive programming manual first. It's a pretty big uphill battle to get everything needed.
    Attachment 289160
    The 2 larger connect pins are for can bus. It is 300 vdc can high, can low, 5vdv, and ground. The smaller pin , the one in the middle with the small cover , according to manual, are for analog input.

Quote Originally Posted by fernando123 View Post
    Attachment 289160
    The 2 larger connect pins are for can bus. It is 300 vdc can high, can low, 5vdv, and ground. The smaller pin , the one in the middle with the small cover , according to manual, are for analog input.

Then standard analog output servo cards like Galil may work. However you still need to setup and configure the drive motor. That needs a CANbus interface/software.

Did they give info about the analog input specification.