586,655 active members*
3,247 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

which gamepad plugin to use?

Hey guys,

Has anyone had luck with any of the gamepad controllers? I've tried three of them, and haven't had any luck. I've tried both an Xbox 1 controller and an Xbox 360 controller.

"JoyPad and Game Device Plugin": Doesn't respect any of the changes I've made to the device button maps. Edit: Found a workaround, but now it doesn't support all of the thumb sticks on my controller.

"Xbox 360 Controller": I couldn't figure out how to do a continuous move. It only seems to jog in single steps.

"XBOX-Shilling Plugin (Multi mode)": Doesn't have a way to disable diagonals. It's next to impossible to only move one axis at a time if you have two axis' setup on a single joystick.

Has anyone found something that they're happy with? These are all unusable for me.

Justin

Re: which gamepad plugin to use?

I haven't tried any of those, but have you tried to change jog mode (with Ctrl+J) from single step to continuous?

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHoMi View Post
    "Xbox 360 Controller": I couldn't figure out how to do a continuous move. It only seems to jog in single steps.
    Current build: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy-cnc-router-table-machines/264838-new-machine-desing-quot-cnm13-quot.html

Quote Originally Posted by hub View Post
    I haven't tried any of those, but have you tried to change jog mode (with Ctrl+J) from single step to continuous?
    Yeah, I have. It still doesn't work. I found another user on the mach3 forums that had the same issue, but a resolution was never posted.

In regards to the issue I had with the JoyPad and Game Device Plugin, I discovered that it was bc my Mach3 app path was C:\PCNC3 rather than C:\Mach3, and the plugin was hardcoded to save/read the configs in C:\Mach3. I have a workaround for that, however now I have the issue that the plugin will not work with all of the thumb sticks on the controller. It works with one of them... but my machine is 4-axis, so I need both thumb sticks.

Ok, I don't have any experience with those so I can't give more advice. I hope someone with more exp can help you out
    Current build: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy-cnc-router-table-machines/264838-new-machine-desing-quot-cnm13-quot.html