586,112 active members*
3,251 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Hydraulics:HELP!!!

Does anyone know what parameters on a Fanuc OT-A controls the hydraulics? I have a 1979 J&L lathe with a 1998 retrofit. I had to reboot it because of a Parity Bit error. I have all of the other parameters but none of the 900's. I have been told the 900's are optional and I dont understand why they would control the hydraulics which to me is a standard use of the machine and not an option. Fanuc has not been able to help me so I am at a loss and if I cannot get this issue resolved with finding the parameters I will have to junk the machine. HELP!!!

Do a search for Dan Fritz. If anyone can help you, he can.

He was a former Fanuc service engineer and now rows his own boat....

I have emailed you re parameters.
    The hydraulics will be controlled by the PMC (ladder), or even just hardwired, One thing helps is if you can display the ladder and trouble shoot the I/O, which having a hardcopy helps and you will need to learn the PMC format.
    Do you have any documentation at all on the machine?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

1. Check your machine emergency is released . Than only system will come out of reset mode
    2. Check if rst or esp is still blinking on screen
    3. if all these are ok than your output for contactor from PLC not coming on and you need to see if you have ladder program and what is the out put for hydraulics