586,108 active members*
3,107 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > FANUC 3M G54 OFFSET, H-OFFSET----Please help!!!

Arrow FANUC 3M G54 OFFSET, H-OFFSET----Please help!!!

Good afternoon guys,
    I just brought Knee Mill machine with FANUC 3M controller.
    I previously used higher version of controller, but this is the first time with 3M.
    I have problem with OFFSET page that would like advice on for those that have use it before.
    1). How do you set G54, G55,..... For work coordinate? Is it even available on FANUC 3M?

2). There is ONLY "1" offset page (Tool 1 - 80 something), is this offset use for both D and H, geometry and wear?

3). Besides having to turn off-turn on every single time for resetting value X, Y, Z @ relative & absolute to 0,0,0....... Is there a way on FANUC 3M that you can reset those valules?

Thank you sooooooooooooooooooooo much for advance response. Appeciate.
    Jeff

Possible Solution

Hi Jeff,

I have a Mazak V7.5 with a Fanuc 6M Controller.

Tool offset registers are from 1 to 99. It has a 30 tools magazine so I use registers 1 to 30 for imperial tool length offset (H), 31 to 60 for metric tool length offset(H). I use the rest for radial offset values (D). (The controller does not convert from Imperial G20 to Metric G21, it just moves the decimal over one place.

As for the Work offset, I hit twice on the OFFSET Key to access then. they are numbered from 00 to 06.

Register 01 equals to G54, 02 = G55 and so on.

Register 00 affects all work offset registers. Any value entered in this register will shift registers 01 to 06 by that amount for the particular axis.

At power-up, G54 is active by default. If there are values in register 01 or 00, they will come up in the position screen when you home the machine.

In order to have zero for all axes, try the following:

Make sure register 00 & 01 have zeros on all axes.
    Go to MDI and enter G54 end EXECUTE ( Input, Start)

Hoping this can help you

Alain

HELLO