586,103 active members*
3,649 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > DNC Problems and Solutions > Drift problem with sieg H250 CNC small industrial milling machine (X,Y axis)

Unhappy Drift problem with sieg H250 CNC small industrial milling machine (X,Y axis)

Hi, this is my first post (after writing on welcome forum). :wave:

I have a serious problem with my machine , which took two months trying to solve (nuts).
    I have already contacted with Sieg service (being very supportive), but still not get the problem solved.
    Defining the problem is simple: After a long 5.000 -100,000 machining lines, the machine loses the zero point (between 0.6 and 2.5 mm in X and Y).

My setup: Sieg H250 high speed.
    servomotors: Adtech ACH-09075DC-T
    Servo Drivers: Adtech QS7AA020M
    Control Panel: SEC 500 (Shanghai Electric)
    CAM Software: SprutCAM 9

The problem occurs with some programs. I made some +100,000 lines without any problems and other 8,000 lines with a large deviation. It seems that movement tends to occur with "organic" lines, but not with those lineal, circular or elliptical.

I've done several tests and adjustments:
    - Adjusted electrical parameters of rigid, and acceleration, without any change (the machine is going now smoother than ever )
    - Adjusted Backlash (nothing changes)
    - Speed setting ... it seems that, with less speed, the error is slightly lower. (about 10 or 20% less)
    - Found that no loss of directional steps cycles for several hours in which the values of the control panel and the servo driver match:

Example:
    G54G94
    S500M03
    G01 X-20 F2000
    G04 X3 (3 seconds stop)
    G01 X0
    G04 X3 (3 seconds stop)
    M99

... and with multiaxis, high velocity (15m/s) without stop:
    G54G94
    G00 X-50 Y-50 Z-50
    G00 X0 Y0 Z0
    M99

... and no zeros losing.

Next thing left for me to see if everything is tight. I doubt that this is the problem because programs like that I put above, with accelerations and deaccelerations it's has, should have lost zeros, but has not.
    My suspicions are now with the interference (I have a welding shop next door, wall to wall);
    But mostly I suspect programs since the problem occurs with some, but not others. I have no other milling machine to test it, so I would appreciate if any could try it and keep an eye to the program I update (air milling), to check for error on postprocessor (this one give me about 1,5mm off in X and Y axis).

The program max moves are X50 Y-50 Z-1 (milimetres), about 13 min of go.
    Also add, that the problem occurs while milling steel... and milling air (with spindle OFF).

Any appreciation or contribution is welcome.
    Thank you very much in advance. And so sorry for the long post.

Re: Drift problem with sieg H250 CNC small industrial milling machine (X,Y axis)

SOLVED!! :banana:
    The problem was that encoder wires that transmit the signal from the driver to the controller (TK510 by Shanghai Electric) had reversed polarity. Very badly by Sieg, making these stupid mistakes with such a well-built machine.

- Adding that the problem only appeared with small movements, in which between acceleration and braking before changing the running direction, did not have time to reach maximum speed.

Re: Drift problem with sieg H250 CNC small industrial milling machine (X,Y axis)

not an expert but I had a problem with my z drifting during a long 3d cut and it was because my ground loops were not perfect. cannot stress it enough that proper grounding is a necessity. somewhere on here there is a post on it