586,108 active members*
3,218 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

MV-35 Troubleshooting

Hello all,

I recently purchased a new to me MV-35/40 and I've been trying to get it up and running for the past couple of weeks.

When I bought the machine it was fully functional and it appears that it still is but I can't quite get it operational. I've determined that the phasing is correct (hydraulic pump builds pressure), the machine is currently running on a 3 phase converter, and the machine is (finally) off of the over-travels. When I power the machine up from the side panel (main breaker) the NF6 breaker in the cabinet pops. I believe that this is stopping the hydraulics from kicking on and throwing an Error 49: Machine Op Not Ready. The control then moves to the tool page (don't know why it does this) The description for Error code 49 is - 'De-energized magnet switch MS2 and MS6' (These two switches control the hydraulic pump and the lube pump). Has anyone encountered this issue before or can anyone advise me on where to go from here?

Re: MV-35 Troubleshooting

I continued doing some research and was looking at solenoid coil ratings and amp draws and read that the solenoid (DSG-03-A100) can pull 5.03A if it's used at it's maximum voltage rating. I'm thinking that it's possible I'm popping that breaker because the solenoid coil but that leads me to think maybe my taps on the transformer aren't setup right. I'll check that tonight when I get home from work. If anyone else has any ideas please let me know!

An update and another request for help.

Was troubleshooting more yesterday after work and went to turn the machine one, everything seemed normal, both power supply lights turned on and the fans fired up as expected. Still no hydraulics but the no-fuse breaker was still popped so I expected that. I then went to try and turn the control on and was greeted with a black screen. The CRT itself powers on but it appears that no video is output to it.

After doing a bit more searching it appears that one of the transformers in the bottom of the control cabinet was wired for 200V and I supplied it 240V. I swapped the legs over on the transformer and checked the output voltage before connecting the outputs back up and all looks good. I reset the NF6 fuse breaker on the door and it still popped on power-up...so much for finding the solution.

So, now I've got a fuse breaker that won't stop popping and a control that won't turn on. The two yellow boxes in the back cabinet (Output and Input Modules - OD64B and ID64B) are both not powered (no green LED's on the front). I'm wondering if the power supply was damaged by the voltage being too high but all the fuses check fine currently. Does anyone else have any idea of where I should look?

Thanks.

Hello,
    We had similar problem with high voltage and fuse brake but after changing 4 or 5 fuses it starts to work properly.
    Unfortunately we wasn't so lucky with spindle. The run out of tool is up to 0,12 mm. The tapper is worn and bearings are in bed condition too. So we need to take out the spindle and send it to repair. But there is missing parts list in documentation so we stuck with it at the moment. It will be great if someone can provide us parts list for MV-35/40 especially page for main spindle.

Thanks.

I replaced my power supply and it solved my issues. Ended up needing to replace a couple rectifiers as well. I look at my documentation and see if anything has drawings of the spindle but I don't recall seeing anything along those lines.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

It will be great if you can find anything that shows the spindle.
    It will save us a lot of time.

Thanks a lot.