586,115 active members*
3,340 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

I took the plunge too

Ordered PP and received the package today.
    Installed OK except for a small glitch getting the controller to recognize the install disk as a bootable disk. Called Tormach and was asked if I had controller part #31520 and I do. Seems some have a problem with this controller and need "disk B" rather than the one I received.
    The tech on the phone said he would send it out right away but if I needed to get it installed right now I could try coping the DVD over to a DVD +R and that some folks have then been able to install. I told him I would try that and call back if it didn't work. I worked!
    Still need to create my tool table and find out out how I can get my "Tormach CNC Setup & Jog Pendant" to work. It's that inexpensive little USB number key pad that Tormach discontinued a couple of years ago. I can't remember the part number. Might have to invest in the Shuttle Jog Pendant that Tormach sells.
    Gonna take some getting use to but does seem to run smoother and I like some of the features.
    Gerry
    Currently using SC7 Build 1.6 Rev. 64105

Re: I took the plunge too

After spending a couple full days testing pp with sprutcam code I decided its an awesome little program. Everything works better from smoother operation to faster more accurate touch offs.
    My templates and code needed very little modification to get them working and turning out parts in no time. It took me a few hours to understand what I was looking at and what has focus and where its at. After that it all fell into place and it become very simple program to operate. In short they did a nice job with this software , I even like the color combinations. Worth the effort and cost to get running and understanding!
    md