586,089 active members*
3,842 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > Does anyone have a copy of sprutcam they would be willing to sell?

Does anyone have a copy of sprutcam they would be willing to sell?

If so, will you PM me details and your asking price? I have a specific 4th axis job that my current CAM cannot do properly.

Re: Does anyone have a copy of sprutcam they would be willing to sell?

If you own a Tormach, you can get it from Tormach for their discount price (you'll probably need to provide a serial number though).

35110 - SprutCAM 9 - Tormach Post only

Thank you. I do own a Tormach. However I am not looking to replace HSM works which is what I currently use. This would be more of a backup for the occasional 4th axis job I get (as great as HSM is its 4th capabilities are behind the curve).

Quote Originally Posted by jcposada View Post
    If so, will you PM me details and your asking price? I have a specific 4th axis job that my current CAM cannot do properly.
    Take a look at Fusion360 from Autodesk. Price and terms are VERY attractive to hobby, small shops, and those not making a lot of money. Even if you're billing over 100 grand a year, the price is pretty attractive. For a hobby shop, it's free.

Full disclosure- I haven't done more than look at NYC CNC's reco on this, and started reading. But it looks very good.

(See Philbob's note- 3 axis only. Doesn't answer the OPs need)

Quote Originally Posted by GLCarlson View Post
    Take a look at Fusion360 from Autodesk. Price and terms are VERY attractive to hobby, small shops, and those not making a lot of money. Even if you're billing over 100 grand a year, the price is pretty attractive. For a hobby shop, it's free.

Full disclosure- I haven't done more than look at NYC CNC's reco on this, and started reading. But it looks very good.
    Fusion 360 is nearly the same CAM as HSM Works. It currently is only 3 axis, 5 has yet to come.

Yes, Fusion 360 inherits the HSM capabilities after a few months. The design/modeling environment is not as powerful in Fusion as other competitive tools, but it is still a steal at its price point.

You could also download the demo version of DeskProto; it has 4th axis support in various modes, like indexing, along X and along Y. If you have these jobs come up periodically, you might consider purchasing it; it's very cheap for hobbyists and reasonable for commercial customers.
    Andrew Werby
    Website

Quote Originally Posted by jcposada View Post
    Yes, Fusion 360 inherits the HSM capabilities after a few months. The design/modeling environment is not as powerful in Fusion as other competitive tools, but it is still a steal at its price point.
    From what I read with Tormach's new partnership with autodesk you get one year subscription to fusion when you buy a new mill

Fusion 360 is free for small business (<$10k I believe and/or hobbyists).

That being said, I haven't been too impressed with the CAM solution yet. Especially coming from Sprutcam, where you have sooo many knobs and buttons and can literally coax the tool to do anything you want. I'm trying really hard to like Fusion360 CAM, especially since the workflow of editing parts and just "regenerate toolpaths" in CAM is so much easier than updating a part in Sprut. Fusion 360 is still young though, and I have high hopes for it getting awesome.

I agree that it holds great promise and for many ases it is plenty good. I took advantage of their early adopter deal late last year and plan on keeping the subscription to see how it evolves, but for now I am sticking with SW/HSM for the majority of what I do.

Quote Originally Posted by wtopace View Post
    Fusion 360 is free for small business (<$10k I believe and/or hobbyists).

That being said, I haven't been too impressed with the CAM solution yet. Especially coming from Sprutcam, where you have sooo many knobs and buttons and can literally coax the tool to do anything you want. I'm trying really hard to like Fusion360 CAM, especially since the workflow of editing parts and just "regenerate toolpaths" in CAM is so much easier than updating a part in Sprut. Fusion 360 is still young though, and I have high hopes for it getting awesome.
    Didn't know fusion was free to Joe six pack. I was on beta test list for fusion and decided I'm good at software and process but totally unqualified or would be little help with cam bugs for a couple more years, maybe ever.
    I must agree with sprutcam and the so many knobs and buttons and can literally coax the tool to do anything you want. Over the years I have used some complex software and even then you get to the point of "is that all it does " I have not found this limit in sprut yet. On the other hand complex open systems are just that and in short term not productive at all. A total cad, cam, fea package that worked together coupled with logical interface, I bet would end up being the go to tool of any user that could afford it.

If anyone is interested in purchasing my SprutCAM license we can talk about price.

I just had someone buy my mill and they already had CAM software.

Message me if you are interested.

Thanks
    Greg

Hi jcposada,

You inbox is full.

Would you email me at gklein86[at]gmail.com and we can talk about price.

Thanks
    Greg