586,033 active members*
3,471 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > CamWorks > Help with inside corner cuts.

Help with inside corner cuts.

Hey guys,

Been messing around with camworks lately and im wondering if theres a way to over cut into the inside corners so when I cut the pieces out and go to put them together i dont have to file the corners into square, ive seen some cam programs that just overcut into the corner so that theres no need to breakout the file or sander. I have drawn it in solidworks with a radius in the corner to achieve the same thing but im wondering if theres an automatic way to tell camworks to go ahead and over extend into inside corners for this. I hope im explaining this correctly as im somewhat of a newb with camworks just now got my post processor set up and cut a few wooden pieces any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Daniel

Re: Help with inside corner cuts.

any chance you can upload a model and give us an example of what you were looking to do? I think I have a good idea of what you are describing but a model/picture always helps
    "The one who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd..."
    -Albert E.

Basically, if you don't model it that way or use sketches to manually program it that way, it isn't going to do it. I've never seen a program do anything like that and if CAMWorks is able to, I haven't found it in 4 years of using it. Again, alter the model to reflect what you want machined or use sketches to insert features that machine the areas you want. Good luck!

This is the original but the problem is when you cnc this out of course the inside corners all have radiused corners from the cutter so i usually go in and do what you see in image two in order to not have to break out the file or anything, does camworks have a way to automatically compensate and over cut into inside corners
    Attachment 293426

Attachment 293428

yea i didnt think so but i figured id ask just in case. I cant remember the software i saw that could do it i just remember it was on youtube lol.