586,060 active members*
4,127 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > Noob Question - How do i control the RPM's?

Noob Question - How do i control the RPM's?

Hi all,
    I have been playing with my CNC router for a while and can get it to do what I want most of the time. There is still a lot to learn though I feel.

One question I have is about the RPM's of the spindle. In the software I use you can choose a setting, but this is meaningless when machining as the spindle just runs at whatever speed the dial on the control box is set at.

Is this correct operation? Do I just control the spindles speed via the knob on the control box? If so, that seems like a lot of guess work as I have no idea maximum speed is.

If not, how do I set the spindle speed correctly? Do i set the knob half way and then play with the software? It just seems the router software Mach 3 ignores the speeds set in my cam software.

Thanks
    Andrew

PS, I have a basic 3040T router

Re: Noob Question - How do i control the RPM's?

Hi Andrew,

Our spindle raotating speed is controled by the VFD (inside of the control box),by setting different parameters on the panel of VFD,the RPM can be divided into around 8 grades.So the rpm will still when it runs into this period of settings.
    You may ask your supplier if they do so and tell them your VDF brand,,,everything,they might be give you some refenrence.

Regards,Mary

Re: Noob Question - How do i control the RPM's?

If you have a knob on the control box that controls the speed, then it's unlikely that you have the required hardware to allow Mach3 to control it.
    You need to have the appropriate electronics, and have Mach3 configured for those electronics, to allow Mach3 to control the speed.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)