586,121 active members*
3,588 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Leadshine > Leadshine Pro Tuner serial port settings?

Leadshine Pro Tuner serial port settings?

I need to find the settings for the serial communications on a Leadshine ACS606 so I can tune the drives correctly using Pro Tuner.
    I'm not so sure my settings are right since the last I used serial I was experimenting with a microcontroller so it's very likely my port is set to some odd settings.
    Oddly enough, the proper serial port settings are nowhere to be found in the Leadshine manual(s) (I checked out several of them). Seems like an easy blurb to include in their manuals.
    Can you tell me the following (standard serial port configuration settings): Maybe just check the settings on the port you are using to run Pro Tuner?

Baud Rate (38400 according to the software)
    Data Bits
    Parity
    Stop Bits
    Flow control

Truth is, it seems a little odd that the things use serial anyway since it takes adding a card for it on computers these days, but maybe that's to keep costs down.
    Also seems odd that the software apparently doesn't have any indicator that the drive is connected after you press the connect button. I guess you just have to hope all is good? It doesn't indicate that it doesn't successfully connect either, but instead finally gives you a "check connection" message after you click on some function. Hmm.
    There's a "green light" but it is on at startup and just turns red if there's a problem rather than any kind of "connected" indicator or something. I've fiddled with Arduino, AVR Studio, quadcopter software of different flavors and all that stuff lets you know once you're connected.
    Sorry, I don't mean to sound whiny. Just offering feedback.

Anyway, thank you for any help.

Re: Leadshine Pro Tuner serial port settings?

Hi
    No need set the serial port configuration settings ,the default is ok .
    PLease send me some screenshots ,let me check it

Re: Leadshine Pro Tuner serial port settings?

Yea the default settings worked. The problem was I wasn't sure what the default settings are supposed to be. I guess I know now.
    I did have a problem with Tabctl32.ocx not being registered properly and it kicked up a runtime error. A little google search illuminated the solution. I'm not sure, but maybe that happened because I am running it on a 64-bit machine?
    Anyway, it's OK now.
    My first problem was I was trying to use a USB/serial converter board and that wasn't working out. So I just bought a PCI serial port card today and hooked it up. That worked well out of the gate.
    I notice that on some of the modules, when you connect it has an indication of successful connection and others don't. Looks like a slightly different GUI. Is that right? I had a different version yesterday which doesn't work and I downloaded the current version from the Leadshine website today and it seems to be working just fine....
    Except...
    Once I connect it says I have an ACS806 instead of an AC606. This is not my drive and I'm trying to help a friend set it up, so I don't know how long he's had it or anything else really. The case has ACS606 silkscreen printed on it though. Just thought that odd. I'm not sure if that would change anything on the tuning - it seems to spin, read signals and graph properly. That's pretty much what I needed so I should be good to go. I just thought that curious and if it's a software glitch I figured you might want to know.

Thanks for the reply though.
    Oh yea, here's a screenshot you requested (I hope it shows here OK):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pt.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	64.8 KB 
ID:	286046