Hey Guys!
so years ago i acquired an Elu 860 i completely replaced the control system
this is the specifications of the new parts

M760 leadshine Drives - Micro Step Drivers 6 AMP
M0637 stepping motors - NEMA34 Stepper Motors 4.2 AMP 637 oz/in, 1.8 degree, 8 Wires
NES350-36 Power supply output 36VDC ~ 42 VDC,10 AMP, Input 110/230VAC
3 Axis Mach3 USB Motion Card AKZ250 - ECG SAVEBASE
mach3
windows xp machine 2ghz- 512mb ram

ive had a few problems running the machine.

when tuning the motors I cant move them any faster than 100 ipm otherwise the x and y motors stall.
so ive changed the speeds down to a respectable 80ipm and i seemed to solved that issue.

To me, i now have a different issue.
i can jog with no problem. i can cut simple shapes like squares, lines and circles no problem. if i start cutting splines and more complex shapes. the motor stalls and looses its position on the y axis

its infuriating! im unsure of where i should look for this problem. could it be a mach 3 stetting? would more ram help? could it be electrical?. i just dont know!
ive spent the last few weeks trying to solve this issue its driving me crazy. I have a suspicion that it could be one bad connections somewhere, shorting out when lots of current is needed when cutting complex shapes.
Before i completely rewire the machine, i wanted to see what you guys thought. you've always been so helpful in the past.

Any suggestions are welcome.

my apologies if this is in the wrong forum. so many issue didn't know where to put this!!

you time is greatly appreciated.

thanks

Joe