586,666 active members*
3,532 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Surfaces

Surfaces

When making surfaces or bringing in surfaces via an IGES it makes a parent surface and hides it on the in the background under BLANK. The question I have is there a way to delete the parent surface and just keep the surface you need? Because when I try to delete the parent suface or move the parent surface to another level both surfaces go. The problem is when programming it become a pain to blank and unblank entities with any kind of speed. Thank for an help.

I asked about this as well. The answer directly from Mastercam is NO. Mastercam needs that parent surface to define the trimmed surface.

My best recommendation would be to change the level of either the blanked surfaces or the geometry you're actually working on. You could put everything that you'd like to delete on level 999 or something then forget about them. You will have to unblank then change levels.

Try writing the surface out as an Iges file in Mastercam and uncheck write blank entities, then read the iges file back in to Mastercam. I thought this worked at one time.
    www.cad2cam.net
    Programmer/ Certified Cam Instructor