586,096 active members*
3,378 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Spindle tach Index port/pin in Mach3 with AKZ250?

Greetings!
    I have a leafboy77 AKZ250 that has a PWM output to control spindle speed (finally got that working)
    and an input (s+ and s-) that alleges to be for a tachometer input. I built an optical interrupter that
    sees one pulse per spindle rot and connected it to make the D16 LED light once per turn.
    My problem is that the RPM in Mach3 displays either zero or random numbers in the hundreds of thousands.
    On the diagnostic screen, I never see Index light. I can go to Ports and Pins and assign Index to
    be a pin, but there is nothing in the leafboy documentation to indicate which "pin" the tach shows up as.

I finally removed my tach from the s+ and s- inputs and set Index up to look at input pin 15.
    Now I can get reliable RPM reporting in Mach3 but the input graphing doesn't work anymore.

I have searched extensively for what port and pin the AKZ250 reports the tach inputs on and can't
    find any mention of it. I followed the signal in the schematic and the signal just goes into the processor.

Has anybody figured out what port/pin to set Index to in Mach3 with an AKZ250?
    I'd really appreciate any enlightenment there might be out there...
    Thanks!
    Dave

Re: Spindle tach Index port/pin in Mach3 with AKZ250?

Hi

I today realized that this card does not support threading (I can get index to activate and deactivate but RPM is zero no mater I tried), by realized I mean I read that owners of card claim that it does not support cutting threads (which is crazy because in description it was written that it suport all Mach3 options or something like that).

I see that nobady replied to you so I do not know did you solved problem or what did you do, in my case I have feeling that I will need to buy new motion controller

Check the debounce interval. If it is set too high the input won't reset fast enough to actually count the revolutions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Duval View Post
    Check the debounce interval. If it is set too high the input won't reset fast enough to actually count the revolutions.
    I checked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK9u9nCzdTY