586,036 active members*
4,083 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Chinese laser engraver cutter

Hello. I'm really hoping someone can help me. A friend of mine brought a laser cutter and engraver off eBay from China. It worked for a few months then one day a tiny puff of smoke came out the main board and it stopped working. They eventually sent out a new board but it still didn't work. After months of emails they have now sent a new motor as we thought it was that but turning it on, it tried to start then we got a puff of smoke out the main board again. The company now won't reply to the emails and the fact it is meant to have a two year Warrenty means nothing to them. My friend has spent enough money and now has nothing to show for it. Paypal cant help as its been too lomg. Has any one got any ideas on how we can maybe fix it or anything?

Hope you can help.

Steph

Re: Chinese laser engraver cutter

Which machine did he purchase? If it is a K40, he can always upgrade it to a better unit by installing a DSP controller in it. It can be purchased at lightobject.com and is not all that difficult to install.

Milt

wklaserliu Guest

hi Milt & Steph,

dear many machines small ones, on Ebay , the price is very cheap and of cource lower quality ,
    if buy a good quality mahcine then could use a few years no any problem

dear you wil lcut &engrave what maetriasl,,,???

we have cheaper desk top model storm600 at USD1200 and bigger models, laser engraver,
    ok, if you have interest ,can contact me:

[email protected]

quiven form gweike laser

Yes,I think buying from the ebay is not a good choice,because the price is low so the quality is not very good also. You can buy the quality laser from the good company with a higher price!

Hey Steph,

There are customers contact us for help them deal with their small machine questions, they also bought from ebay, ebay small model laser machine like 40, especialy for their control card and software, cheap one, always have questions. Machine feature is also simple.

Maybe you can send some videos to check your machine question. Then check if there is some way to fix it.

Lucy
    Web.:http://www.jncslaser.com/ Email: [email protected] Whatspp: +86-18254116182
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jncslaser Skype: consurelaser

Sorry be the bearer of bad news, but very likely your friend bought a cheapo laser if he got it off eBay (less than $4k). If so, your best bet is to throw it away and buy a decent laser. Even if you get it up and going it's going to break again in quick order and you'll be out even more time and money. Those cheapo ebay lasers are money/time pits. Chalk the loss up to a learning mistake. When it sounds too good to be true it is. (wedge) eBay is littered with junk lasers. Decent lasers start around $6k for a Chinese laser (including all import fees) or $12k for a small USA/UK laser.

I'm sorry to crash the party. I am really over some people claiming that nothing can be done to help the K40. I have had mine for over 3 years now. Yes, I did upgrade with a DSP controller kit from Lightobject.com. The total cost of my laser, with the upgrade, was about $1,100.00. No other machine with a DSP can match that price. The machine can be a good hobby level unit with the right upgrades. Mine is still running with the original laser tube. Again, over 3 years. I have read many posts on this forum in the past 10 years that relate to problems with the "better" units having problems and the owners not able to get help from the vendors. It is all part of the game. None of the overseas units are without some problems and I am sure the some state side sellers are just selling revamped cheap Chinese lasers. Just read the forums, they almost all have problems with little to no customer service.

Milt

Quote Originally Posted by KeithOKC View Post
    Sorry be the bearer of bad news, but very likely your friend bought a cheapo laser if he got it off eBay (less than $4k). If so, your best bet is to throw it away and buy a decent laser. Even if you get it up and going it's going to break again in quick order and you'll be out even more time and money. Those cheapo ebay lasers are money/time pits. Chalk the loss up to a learning mistake. When it sounds too good to be true it is. (wedge) eBay is littered with junk lasers. Decent lasers start around $6k for a Chinese laser (including all import fees) or $12k for a small USA/UK laser.

Sorry to burst your bubble but my laser that I bought from Automation Technologies for $3,100 is running fine and earning me a nice profit.

Quote Originally Posted by fixtureman1 View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble but my laser that I bought from Automation Technologies for $3100 is running fine and earning me a nice profit.
    Funny guy much different than $4k lol

Deleted

In fact many customers buy the low price machine just because of their low budget, we can't laugh at them buying a low quality machine, as a professional laser machine manufacturer, I think we should develop suitable model for them. Many small working area laser engraving machine manufacturing cost not too expensive, but too many famous companies make a high price for it in order to a higher profit. And too many low quality companies make a lower price in order to a bigger sales volume.

What we do is different, we tell out manufacturing cost for every models we produce to our customer, just earn commission they would like to give us. They are not only customer to us, but also partner.

Just make a feeling, really sorry to hear your experience. You can tell me the name of the mahcine you bought, we can try our best to help you.

Best&Rgds
    Apple