586,036 active members*
3,604 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Gildemeister CTX 410 V1 - Fanuc 21i-TB backup needed

Gildemeister CTX 410 V1 - Fanuc 21i-TB backup needed

Hello!
    I hope there's someone out there with a working Gildemeister CTX 410 V1 running on Fanuc 21i-TB.

I bought a used machine and managed to erase some important data, including PMC params.
    When I try restoring backups and PMC parameters (came with the machine on CD) off SRAM card, I get DATA ERROR.

So, I am hoping a backup from a similar machine might help. Any input would be well appreciated!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Re: Gildemeister CTX 410 V1 - Fanuc 21i-TB backup needed

if you have factory parameter backup better to use it than some other substitute.
    maybe we can help you get past the error.
    can you explain a bit more about how you restored parameters to machine.... your procedures may be wrong.

I held down two rightmost soft keys at power-on and then tried restoring from the boot menu.
    When that did not work, I tried reading in PMC params with the machine running in EDIT mode. It started reading in, but right away stopped at N600024 and displayed an error.

First I formatted the SRAM card in the machine and backed up the same data from CNC to SRAM, and that worked flawlessly.

reading PMC parameters has to be done via the SYSTEM screen then PMC then PMC I/O screen.
    Did you do it there or on the normal parameter screen?
    and what error did you get?

I did it on the PMC I/O screen, MCARD - READ - specified the file name with leading @.
    It started reading the right file since I could see line numbers scrolling present in the PMC-SB.PRM file. And the lines with the error do not seem out of the ordinary if I check with a text editor in my PC.

I will try reformatting and only copying the necessary file directly from the CD to SRAM later today.

Thank you for your input, any other ideas are welcome!

attached is the procedure, just in case you missed something.

since you can punch out and read parameters already in the machine, another solution is punch out the parameters then manually edit the file to the same as what your factory backup is, save it then read it back in.

OK, so I got my factory parameters in at last!
    Thanks for assuring me that I shouldn't look for others.
    I guess you sometimes just need to have beer, sleep on it and just try again until it works. Errors were mostly related to SRAM data corruption and input sequence.

Here's how I did it:
    1. Power on, hold two rightmost soft keys
    2. Format the SRAM card in the machine or on PC (run > cmd > FORMAT E:/ FS:FAT /A:64K
    Name of drive: FANUC LTD)
    3. Copy backup files to SRAM card on PC (On PC no editing or deleting any files on card, this could corrupt data - have to reformat)
    4. Fanuc boot screen - SRAM DATA BACKUP > RESTORE SRAM > END
    5. Power off and on - hold RESET and DELETE to clear memory, otherwise I got a message at boot
    ERREUR VERIF LABEL SYST : EFFACE TOUS MODULES SRAM
    (bought the machine from France)
    6. Set communication parameters
    N00000 P 00010010
    N00012 P A1 00001110 A2 00001110
    N00020 P 4 (this one is for reading in from memory card - not explained in my manuals)
    N00100 P 10101000
    N00101 P 10000001
    N00102 P 0
    N00103 P 12

The latter are for rs232, but I typed them in anyway.

In the CNCPARAM.DAT to be read in, I had to change N003102 all zeros for English
    And N003292 all zeros to prevent write protection - because of that I had to clear memory again a couple of times

[Oprt] > read > exec

7. Reboot
    8. SYSTEM > PMC > I/O > MCARD > READ > @PMC-SB.PRM > INPUT > EXEC > YES

With that, the emergency was extinguished

After that it's pitch error and macro variables.

I still have a few alarms that I need to deal with and are not listed in the manuals:
    487 ILLEGAL SAFETY MODE (CNC)
    490 CNC SAFETY FUNCTION ERROR

glad you got most of it sorted out.
    the safety errors are possibly for the door lock parameters. unfortunately all of that is undocumented.
    it's PMC related but your factory parameters should be correct and you shouldn't get that alarm.

you may have other problems too like all your alarm messages being French? That's a PMC parameter.
    also there's normally an option parameter (99xx) that sets up the machine language (for menus and all screens)
    and French is one choice so you may need to fix that too.

The door lock and release seems to be working as the safety test can be completed, but as you said, it's undocumented, so there could be sth else.
    The alarm in French appeared before I restored the factory params and factory default was German, so I can't fathom where it came from.

I'll try to sort it out and call DMG Mori for support if necessary - post back if there's knowledge to share.

so what language is your control set to now and what language do you want?

Language is ok, it's English, just a basic parameter 3102 found easily in manuals. No issue there.

The 487 and 490 alarms are undisclosed

Hi

So, five years later, the same problem and now I found I had not posted the final solution...
    Deleted all parameters because I am just stupid enough to try holding random buttons while power-on.

The solution - first got rs232 data transmission running to load last known good parameters, but that alone is not enough -
    absolute encoder position parameter needs to be zeroed so there's no conflict

https://www.cnczone.com/forums/fanuc...ol-issues.html

The symptom you describe can occur if the absolute encoders become out of synchronization due to disconnection, maintenance, etc. Use the following procedure to completely re-establish the abs pulse coder. Don't get in a hurry and bypass any of the steps.

1. Set 1815.5 (APC) = 0, 1815.4 (APZ) = 0, 1860=0, 1861=0 for the given axis
    2. Power down
    3. Power up
    4. Set APC=1
    5. Power down
    6. Power up
    7. Home the absolute axis. This can be accomplished with either manual referencing (if they have home switches), dogless (if they have the DLZ parameter enabled), double-bump torque method, or by MDI setting. Go with the method recommended by the machine tool builder. APZ should be 1 when completed. New values will automatically be loaded into par 1860 and 1861.
    Set parameters 1250=0 to not set coordinate axis automatically and 1260=0 because not rotation axis for both X and Z
    Set parameters 1829=500 and 1830=500 for both X and Z to compensate for position feedback noise during stop and servo off time.

Next time I know... Hope this helps someone else, too!