586,062 active members*
4,507 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Unhappy Techno Isel Blues

I recently purchased a used Techno Isel 067 gantry router. It is a well built machine. Unfortunately it didn't have the controller unit. I chose a Camtronics Servo Controller. Dan Mauch has been very very helpful. My experience with Techno has been a mixed blessing. They were kind enough to send a .pdf file of their maintainance manual. Beyond that they mentioned that they had a 2:1 adapter kit to step down the Z axis, but after repeated efforts they haven't given me any quote. Finally Dan at Camtronics made up an adapter plate from my design. This was to eliminate a Z axis brake that didn't work with the Geco based Servo system that I purchased. I was wondering how other people have fared in communicating with Techno Isel?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Les the Luthier View Post
    I recently purchased a used Techno Isel 067 gantry router. It is a well built machine. Unfortunately it didn't have the controller unit. I chose a Camtronics Servo Controller. Dan Mauch has been very very helpful. My experience with Techno has been a mixed blessing. They were kind enough to send a .pdf file of their maintainance manual. Beyond that they mentioned that they had a 2:1 adapter kit to step down the Z axis, but after repeated efforts they haven't given me any quote. Finally Dan at Camtronics made up an adapter plate from my design. This was to eliminate a Z axis brake that didn't work with the Geco based Servo system that I purchased. I was wondering how other people have fared in communicating with Techno Isel?

Hello Les, sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced. I work at Techno (in a non Sales capacity). Email me at cncinfo(at)technocnc(dot)com and I'll get you in touch with the right people, give you a name and number so that anything you need you can contact someone specifically to help you out. Used CNC Sales can be tricky as compared to new sales, but we do care about all our customers, so shoot me that email (I'll private message you so there is no confusion).

Thanks for your feedback

Now that's service. A big atta boy to both cncwriter and Techo!

Mike
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

Techno has been kind to me

Hello-
    I purchased a used Techno-Isel machine and had to make half a dozen calls/emails to Techno before I got the software and settings ironed out. I did notice that getting hold of the right person was key, but once that happens, you should get great customer service. They gave me free advice on older software they technically do not even support anymore, and I didn't even buy it from them!
    Pretty Cool. Good luck with your machine.
    Thanks, Mike
    Expensive tools can be cheaper than professional therapy

I was encouraged to hear from cncwriter. I'm still waiting to hear from Techno about either a 2:1 stepdown kit or some method of counterbalancing the Z axis. Otherwise I'm almost ready to make chips. I guess its a bit hard to be this close to having a running machine and have to wait! Still cncwriter assured me that I would receive a reply soon. Hopefully some good news.

Quote Originally Posted by Les the Luthier View Post
    I was encouraged to hear from cncwriter. I'm still waiting to hear from Techno about either a 2:1 stepdown kit or some method of counterbalancing the Z axis. Otherwise I'm almost ready to make chips. I guess its a bit hard to be this close to having a running machine and have to wait! Still cncwriter assured me that I would receive a reply soon. Hopefully some good news.
    Hello Les,

Our Sales Manager emailed you on Wednesday afternoon (I was BCc'd). I will PM you a copy of the email. In it he offers the advice you are looking for. There are options for you to consider, if you have any further questions, email me and I will forward them personally to our Tech Support Group.

Hopefully your wait will be over soon

;-)

Hi cncwriter,
    I was e-mailed by a gentleman in your sales dept. He did offer some options for my technical questions. I've replied to his e-mail and hope to hear back from him soon. Thanks again for your help!