586,655 active members*
2,863 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > HAAS VF0 1995 spindle oil level

HAAS VF0 1995 spindle oil level

I just got this 95 vf0 , How do I go about checking the oil level oil in spindle?. What oil does it take.

thanks

On our 1993 vf-2 & 1995 VF-4 the spindle is lubricated ( air over oil ) from the way lube resevour on the back of the mill. A small regulator behind the air / hydraulic panel on the back adjusts the oil drip feed and should be about 15 psi. Their is also a small brass inline orifice that may need to be replaced if clogged. The orifice is cheap and available from your local Hass Factory Outlet. A small amount of oil will be seen around the spindle nose after some spindle run time. Since the oil is pressure when the pump is activated is greater that the 15 psi of air going to the spindle the oil is forced into the air stream. The oil in the head ( hydraulic oil ) is only for the gear box, not the spindle.

Hey, not sue if you have a transmission or not, I have a VF2 (1994) it has a trans and the filler tube is on top of the spindle housing under the screen!
    asked a tech that was in our shop working one of our VF3's and He said if you take the plate off from inback of the spindle you can look up and see a over flow hose coming out of the trans, you fill until it come out that hose!
    Don't do like i did and just keep on putting oil in looking at filler tube waiting for it to fill. after about 4 quarts of oil I got down to get more oil and it was pouring out from everywhere under by spindle! LOL! anyway tech told Me no way to check other than just filling until it comes out tube, anyway thought I would pass on! (new Haas VF2 owner)
    Pat

Vf Oil Level

Yes, ours heve a gear box. The oil fill at the top & under the filter screen is the oil fill for the gear box. That oil does not lubricate the spindle, it's only for the gearbox and cirulates around the spindle for cooling on our 1993 model. On the 1995 model coolant circulates around the spindle for better cooling. The gear box is fllled from the top. Under the plate at the bottom of the head assy there is 2 plugs. One has a hole in the middle, it's the standpipe overflow. When full the oil will rise to the level of the standpipe, overflow down the pipe , and through the hole in the middle of the plug. The other plug is of couse the drain plug. No way to see if it's full except by adding some oil and looking for it to run out.

The only lubrication is air over oil at 15 psi from the way lube resevour.

Hope it helps !

Hello TappedOut,
    You had mentioned above that there is a filter screen "inline" for the gearbox oiler system. I have a 1996 VF-9 that has a "Transmission Low Lube" fault. I have replaced the 93-3260B oil pump unit which also comes with a new style pressure switch and filter screen. I have the mini regulator set at 15 PSI and still can't get this to pump oil properly. The pump is working but seems to be losing its prime after a few minutes. Do you or anyone have a suggestion? Has anyone seen these same symptoms previously? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, JoBwan