586,035 active members*
3,648 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Limits and Mach2 ?

Where is the button in Mach2 that makes the axis move to the the limit switches for referencing? I spent an hour trying to figure this out. I know I must be overlooking something simple. I read through the manual but didn't find it.

:tired: Maybe I just need sleep :tired:

It is on the "Positioning" screen as "Ref All" - circled, top left in the screeny
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled-1 copy.jpg  
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Ok, I must need to do something else to make this work? When I hit the 'Ref All' button nothing happens to the machine. The DRO's zero out but the machine did not move to the limit switches. Is there a check box to enable/setup the limits? What am I missing?
    Thanks

Yep, you will need to check your config. Erm, it will be different with each version of MAch2! Try the input pins and input setup in the "ports and pins£ section of the config menu, then, you may also have a seperate section called "homing" in there to adjust. There should also be a tick-box *somewhere* to tell Mach2 to use the limit switches as home switches, if that is what you are doing. Also, Ref-All will ref all axis simultaneously, so your switches will need to be wired on seperate inputs, or they will all be triggered once one switch is hit. If you have this problem, you will need to ref one axis at a time, in which case, the buttons are hidden in the screen designer section and you will need to edit your screen to add the buttons manually. Few!
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thank you very much. I'll check all those.

Wuhooooo!!! GOT IT WORKING. Man that is SWEET! Moves to the switch then backs off it all by it's self!!!

Had to configure the pins in the ports/pins screen.

BTW, unless the box is checked for Home X, Home Y, or Home Z etc (in the ports/pins screen), Mach2 won't move the machine on a Ref All button push. And only the axis that are setup to home will move.

Thanks Kong

Mach2 ROCKS!!