586,052 active members*
4,425 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 11 of 107 9101112132161

Re: OmioCNC report

Could be one side of the end profile being slightly bent or one profile being slightly twisted. I found the same problem on my machine.

Good to hear that it is getting sorted I just hope the cargo handlers are not using mine as practice for a luggage throwing competition

Hmm. December. Sure it's not just thermal shock going from 32º in Hong Kong depot to -11,527º in wintery Norway?

Oh, it's not really that cold yet. At least, not here...

Quote Originally Posted by Stigoe View Post
    Could be one side of the end profile being slightly bent or one profile being slightly twisted. I found the same problem on my machine.
    Dang. Well its not interupting the operation of the machine so I guess it's not an issue yet!

stigoe, was there any clear evidence when you received the shipment that it had been through rough handling, or did it look ok from the outside? I guess the gantry is in a separate box with the cnc controller. where these ok?

No, there were no clear indications that the box had had a rough trip across the world. Everything else was in a separate box. Haven't seen any indications that anything else has a problem. Other than the short cables and not grounded spindle... But that is easily fixed.

Stig

"Shipment information received" for seven days now Ordered a lot of tools in while waiting so I'm ready to go once I get it. I've been thinking about getting a quiet compressor for my machine since the one I have makes a lot of noise. I've been looking at the one in the link below (Norwegian site). What do you guys think? Is it to small? It gives 23l/min, 4Bar max and is 90Watt/0,12Hp. The specs doesn't look any good but it only gives out 47dB(A) and that's a lot more quiet than my big compressor.

Minikompressor MC 90 - Airbrush Kompressor - Biltema

I wouldn't. Air dusters use a tonne of air and, if you set up with a mister for ali work, it's a continual drag of quite a reasonable amount of air. You're going to need some decent flow to keep up in those circumstances.

I know where you're coming from, though. A noisy compressor running means I can't use the machine in the evenings because I like my neighbours and want them to like me.

Still. Rather than spending a bucket of cash on a new compressor which probably won't keep up, I'm going to be spending a fraction of that on a box and foam lining for my noisy compressor, with a bit of a labyrinth on inlet/outlet and a normal ceiling fan to run cooling and fill air through the insides. Then I have some quiet and a lot of air.

My X6-2200L arrived yesterday and will be unboxing it in the next few days. Anything that I should know from you guys that have been through this? Any tips and tricks? I've read something about grounding the spindle. I've been around EDM machines for years but this is new to me.

I haven't bothered grounding things, haven't had any issues.

Pretty much bolt it together and go nuts, I think we've all tinkered with improvements of one kind or another but mine worked out of the box.

Received the new profiles yesterday afternoon, but I didn't have time until this morning with testing them. Now everything looks much better...

Since I squared up the rail profiles, I had to make slightly offset holes in the table profiles. Of course, there is a slight difference in position of the holes from the two sides, so on 3 of the 4 profiles, I made the new holes on the wrong end of the profile... Otherwise, everything went together without any problems. Omio had also included new bearings for the ball screw. The one on the motor end was the same size as the AC bearings I have, so I used one of those instead.

Since I have put the router turned 90 degrees compared with the "normal" way, I also want to swap X and Y, but I don't seem to be able to do that. I have swapped the step/dir pins under ports/pins and restarted Mach, but it still moves like it did originally. I could swap the motor wires, but I would like to get it set up correctly in Mach instead. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Stig

Hey stig you can change directions on axis. Change the direction in your step/dir area but also be sure to change the numbers in your homing / limits area and also go into the config for the controller card and make sure your home switch directions are set correctly also.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustmite View Post
    Hey stig you can change directions on axis. Change the direction in your step/dir area
    Do you mean under Config - Ports and Pins - Motor Outputs? If so, I have swapped the pins between X and Y without any change.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustmite View Post
    go into the config for the controller card and make sure your home switch directions are set correctly also.
    Where do I find this? Under PlugIns Control - XncPod vX.XX Config?

Stig

So an update, received my machine. But I noticed that protruding X-axis rod has slightly flare-out (increased radius).Making it impossible to couple it
    with the motor.

I have contacted OMIO regarding this, since the damaged during shipment but has yet received any reply.

Do you guys has any idea?

So the rod got dinged on the end which put it out of round a bit?

My concern would be more whether such an impact had bent other things like the gantry arms personally.

You should fairly easily be able to file down the ding in order to fit in the coupler... Definitely check there is no damage to the rest of the gantry though.

Yes, that part!
    The gantry arm seem okay.Moves relatively smooth.

I did manage to fit the coupler by filing it down, but they need to package the machine better. The rod ever pierce the box!

What kind of grease are you using for the ball screws and rails?

Doing some tests with Fusion 360 and the cam part of it. Looks promising actually but I came onto some challenges since I'm new to CNC machines ^^ I was going to calculate feed&speeds with G-wizzard but I'm not 100% sure I've configured the Omiocnc correctly so I was wondering if anyone has a profile adapted to this machine exaclty (the 220v version). The same goes for the "post configuration" settings in Fusion 360 post processing. I've selected "Generic Mach3Mill" now as a post process config but I'm not sure those setting fits this machine ^^.

I'm using the generic Mach3 post in Fusion 360 and that seems to work ok. I've only made a couple of things so far though.

Page 11 of 107 9101112132161