586,106 active members*
3,075 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 22 of 107 1220212223243272

Re: OmioCNC report

Quote Originally Posted by cncfan500 View Post
    – Looking for cleaning chips away when milling.
    But all I can find needs to have high pressure air pipe to connect to. We don't have it as it's regular office. Is there any way to get high pressure air or use smth else?

– What is the best way to vacuum chips?
    Have a search for pond air pumps, they work very well for clearing chips.

John

My x6 arrived last week and it's now setup and talking to the laptop
    Very happy with the quality and communication from omiocnc.
    My only speed bump is my limit switches aren't stopping the axis from moveing and I'm only getting half the travel on the x and y
    I'm sure it's just a mach3 setting I need to tweak
    Il post some pics when start cutting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make sure your home switches are showing up on the diagnostics page when you push them manually in Mach3, you may have the wrong terminals connected on the microswitches.

Anyone found any good ways to lubricate the linear bearings and ballscrews on the X6-2200 yet? On most of them, I removed the zerk fittings and replaced them with pieces of allthread with a hole coupled with pieces of tubing with a zerk fitting on the end. Makes it fairly easy to use a grease gun.

Another question, I noticed when the VFD is powered up, the display shows d1.500 (from memory). Does it show the same for others with a 2.2 kW spindle, or its it actually set up for a 1.5 kW spindle?

You don't have any problems with the nipples popping out of the tube? What grease are you using? I've just been squirting WD-40 on my screws and slides occasionally but would like to be able to do the equivalent of a one-shot oiler system if it's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by dharmic View Post
    You don't have any problems with the nipples popping out of the tube? What grease are you using? I've just been squirting WD-40 on my screws and slides occasionally but would like to be able to do the equivalent of a one-shot oiler system if it's possible.
    Nope, unless I really put some pressure in there. I'm also using a kind of needle to apply grease to the zerk fittings. I'm using PE(?) tubing, same kind which is often used in push-to-fit fittings. I'm using some kind of lithium grease. It wasn't easy doing anything on the Z-axis, so I have to apply grease straight into the port on the ballscrew nut.

Well thank you, Stigoe, I might just have to give that a try then

Hi all

Thought I'd share my personal update as this thread has helped me heaps
    Everything is setup and dialled in I ran the test engrave programs supplied from omiocnc in some MDF and it all run perfectly
    I've now got solidcam sorted and its exporting a compatible Gcode file which looked great in a dry run
    So tonight after work I'm gonna see how it goes with ally with some 2-2.5D stuff
    Thanx all for the excellent info on this thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahh isn't that a great feeling when you finally watchin it cutting something? love the box u built around it!

Quote Originally Posted by Stigoe View Post
    Nope, unless I really put some pressure in there. I'm also using a kind of needle to apply grease to the zerk fittings. I'm using PE(?) tubing, same kind which is often used in push-to-fit fittings. I'm using some kind of lithium grease. It wasn't easy doing anything on the Z-axis, so I have to apply grease straight into the port on the ballscrew nut.
    You need to be careful using grease on the standard Chinese ballnuts, might seem good at first but once they start accumulating dust you'll find the ball races will completely clag up after a while. I very sparingly use a very thin lube on mine, and wipe all excess away.

cheers, Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

I see Omio has updated the X6-2200 to have a stand alone cnc. There is now a X8 model too. It's on the website.

Again I get hit with the "If only I'd waited a few months"

That looks pretty cool, wonder how stiff it is as the bed gets wider and wider though...

Thankfully the X8 wouldn't have fit in my man cave anyway lol...

That new control box looks pretty interesting though! Wonder if they would sell a bare bones kit from which one could transfer all the gubbins (drivers, VFD, PSU etc) from the old one. Would be good to know a bit more about its features and abilities.

More to the point though - that new 4th axis looks much improved. Dang.

It's pretty, but I'm in the same position: if I had room for that kind of size bed I'd also have the room for a Bridgeport or similar.

The new control box does look interesting. And you could buy just the controller, use your existing rig to knock a hole in the panel for it, shuffle things around and put it in your current box maybe.

For me personally? I don't want it:
    - Small screen;
    - My control box is sitting under the unit in a shelf on the bench where it's a pain to get at the control panel, where the laptop is on a pedestal mount up nice and high;
    - Since I sorted the earth strap out, it hasn't missed a beat with external computer;
    - Already had the computer etc;
    - Mach3 means lotsa plugins available etc, whereas their thing I imagine will be pretty locked down to what you get is what you get;
    - How long did it take to get Mach3, LinuxCNC etc stable? Yeah, a while. How long has this controller code and electronics been out in the wild? Not long enough, I'd hazard.

Still, if anyone does prefer the compact setup afforded by the built in controller, I'd be very interested to read here about how it works out for them.

The new 4th I'm not sure about. Looks like a planetary gearbox. So, granted, its holding torque MAY have been improved. But on that slice-of-cheese frame it'll still deflect under any serious cutting load, and now we have added backlash and I'm guessing plenty of it too. I don't think it'll necessarily be any worse overall than our one, but I'm certainly not going to be rushing out to replace mine or even get jealous over someone who gets one

I quite like the idea of it - it would make it more like my 3D printer in terms of operation and free up where I place it.

It certainly hasn't been around as long as mach3, that we can be sure, but the beauty of it is that it really is most likely relatively simple in terms of hardware/coding compared to mach3.

Just out of interest I've sent an email asking if there is an upgrade option and for the manual to see what the thing is capable of in terms of features... to be honest as long as you can do a decent ballscrew calibration job a la mach3, the only other thing that I doubt this would do and I would miss is an x-y auto zero using a probe.... it can obviously do a Z probe, but I would seriously doubt it can do more than that.

Found this video showing off basic use:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZjo...ature=youtu.be

Hello Omio CNC owners, I have just joined the forum and recently purchased my first CNC an Omio X4-800L CNC. I have everything setup and running and am happy with my purchase but have one problem I hope this group can help with.

I am attempting to setup the Auto Z setup gauge tool that came with my purchase. I have input the button script they provided on the auto tool setup button, and it is working, however I still need to input the setup tool gauge height into Mach 3. Now here's my problem the instructions that Omio provided includes vague instructions and pictures that don't match the Mach3 screens. There instructions mention measuring the height of the tool setting gauge (in my case it's 18.97mm) and entering that value into the Probe H settings box and hit Return. When I do this the value in the box instantly returns to 0.000 and doesn't appear to hold the 18.97mm. If I place my tool setting gauge on my work piece and hit auto tool zero it functions correctly and retracts 10mm. If I remove my tool and tell the CNC to go to zero it goes to where the top of the tool setting gauge was and not the top of my work piece, so it's not taking into account the height of my setting gauge tool. Now when I look at the button script Omio provided it references a Gage Block height, so I tried inputting my tool setting gauge height into the Gage Block height on the left side of the offset page. Now when I place the tool setting gauge on the top of my work piece and hit the auto tool setting button it does its thing and retracts 10mm but then adds the 18.97mm to arrive at a value of 28.97 on the Z axis. Hmmm you would think this is all great, but if I remove my tool and tell the CNC to go to Zero it appears to go to the top of the work piece but when I look at my Z Axis DRO it reads 0.012? Odd why is it not going to 0.000? Am I doing something wrong and should the 18.97mm height go into the Probe H box like Omio suggested and if so how do I get it to stay there? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have also attached a picture of the button script Omio provided. Many thanks in advance, I'm happy to be a new member here!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

It took a bit of mucking around but I eventually got it to stick, typing in the gauge block height then clicking on the set button next to it up in the top left instead of hitting enter.

As to it not quite being on zero sorry, no idea why that would be happening...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen Shot 2016-05-14 at 12.15.03 pm.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by dharmic View Post
    It took a bit of mucking around but I eventually got it to stick, typing in the gauge block height then clicking on the set button next to it up in the top left instead of hitting enter.

As to it not quite being on zero sorry, no idea why that would be happening...

Thanks dharmic!, yeah that's where I got it to stick as well, very odd that it won't go to 0.000. At first I thought maybe the 0.012 was a feature because that's the exact value it goes to each time, even after reinstalling Mach3. But now I'm wondering that it must be something else. I haven't yet grounded my system and ponder if that may help, so I still have that to explore!

In in regards to Omio's latest machines: I'm most likely one of the very last to purchase one of there Mach3 systems. I had no idea they were coming out with a system that didn't need a computer and not sure how I feel about it. I will say that Mach3 has gotten me more involved with learning G-Code, and it is nice to be able to edit your file right then and there if you wanted to change a feed or speed or other setting which I would think is not possible on the small display screen of there latest systems. I would be curious to hear if zeeflyboy hears back from them and what an upgrade would cost if they're offering it?

Don't know if I saw them on fleaBay or AliExpress but there have been flat-screen ARM based controllers out for a while. I was very interested coz they were cheap ($200-400) and seemed quite capable, certainly convenient. But they maxed out at 4 axis and I do have intentions of going to 5 axes at some point, so I gave up there.

Many thanks to dharmic who gave me the confidence that I was inputting the offset in the correct spot! I did a little more experimenting this evening and have solved my problem. It appears that for some reason Mach3 didn't like the 18.97mm offset and when I attempted an offset of 19.00mm everything worked perfectly and goto zero results in 0.0000 on the Z axis. This works perfectly fine for me as most of my work I intend on doing will be in wood and the 3 hundreds of a mm accuracy in the Z axis will be fine. If I really want to get perfectly accurate I can look into adding a piece of tape or something to my tool setting guage to make it an exact height of 19.00 mm instead of it's current 18.97mm. But very happy to have this fixed!!!

Page 22 of 107 1220212223243272