586,089 active members*
3,883 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

USB BREAKOUT BOARD FOR MACH3

Hi,
    I have a 3 axis gantry type mill .It was working well with PC window XP, but last month hard disk failed and since then I can't use it any more.
    I decided do go for USB BreakOut Board (BOB) since parallel port is phasing out and will be hard to find in the future.
    I bought a 4 axis chinese BOB 200khz on ebay and installed it.
    Great deception .
    After few minutes of works I got missing pulses or PC frozen. I had to restart PC.
    My researches on gogle brought me to CNC4PC products : USB MOTION CONTROLLER UC100.
    Did any one can recommand this product or the company ?
    Don't want ro end up like with the chinese BOB.

Thanks
    Jacky

Re: USB BREAKOUT BOARD FOR MACH3

Quote Originally Posted by JACKY2014 View Post
    Hi,
    I have a 3 axis gantry type mill .It was working well with PC window XP, but last month hard disk failed and since then I can't use it any more.
    I decided do go for USB BreakOut Board (BOB) since parallel port is phasing out and will be hard to find in the future.
    I bought a 4 axis chinese BOB 200khz on ebay and installed it.
    Great deception .
    After few minutes of works I got missing pulses or PC frozen. I had to restart PC.
    My researches on gogle brought me to CNC4PC products : USB MOTION CONTROLLER UC100.
    Did any one can recommand this product or the company ?
    Don't want ro end up like with the chinese BOB.

Thanks
    Jacky
    I bought a HyCNC-USB because it was said on the Mach3 site that it is compatible with it but it is not. So whatever you do, don't buy their products. You will save 100USD. I can't tell you what to do, I went back to using parallel port and my CNC works fine.

Hey,

I have a UC100 and it works perfectly, it is the product of CNCdrive - motion controls (they are in hungary) and not HYCNC (I beleive they are in china), that is a totally different company and product.

Thank you A_Camera and OlfCNC,

Thanks from advice avoiding HYCNC (from HiTechFrameWorks ? ) !

UC100 seems to me attractive.
    OlfCNC , can you give me some information about your experience with UC100 from Hungary?
    1) Does it work on window XP SP2 Or window XP SP3 or window 7/8 ?
    2) Doe it work on Laptop as well as PC ?
    3) Is there any technical support from Hungary ?

I will appreciate your help .
    I don't want end up this time like with the chinese breakout board.

Thanks in advance
    Jacky

Quote Originally Posted by OlfCNC View Post
    Hey,

I have a UC100 and it works perfectly, it is the product of CNCdrive - motion controls (they are in hungary) and not HYCNC (I beleive they are in china), that is a totally different company and product.

I'm running it on Win7. Have no idea about tech support. I did not need any. I just installed it and it worked.
    I'm not an expert though, so probably reading the users guide or asking the manufacturer could answer your questions.

I think the sold quantity and the feedback score tells everything: CNC USB Controller UC100 for Mach3 CNC Controller USB to Parallel | eBay

Thank you for sharing your experience.
    It really help me.
    You made my day.
    Thanks
    Jacky

I'm running it on Win7. Have no idea about tech support. I did not need any. I just installed it and it worked.
    I'm not an expert though, so probably reading the users guide or asking the manufacturer could answer your questions.

I think the sold quantity and the feedback score tells everything: CNC USB Controller UC100 for Mach3 CNC Controller USB to Parallel | eBay

Hi OlfCNC,

I bought UC100 usb motion controller from CNCDRIVE (Hungary) and it works perfectly on window XP SP2 and MACH3 R03.043.066.
    I was told by CNCDRIVE representative and it's written on their site that it works on window 7/8/8.1 32bit and 64bit .
    THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR ADVISE !!
    Jacky

OmioCNC's bundled USB breakout seems to work just fine, maybe get in touch with them and grab one or ask them where you can get hold of it?

I'm glad I could help you Jacky.