586,075 active members*
4,255 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

CNC program simulators

Are there any programs other than cnc simulator that will simulate a program i have written. Ive tried that one but would like to have something a little better. Also if it costs a little thats fine but free is always nice. Im sure there has to be some demos out there but i would really like to use it more than 30 days. Have any of you run across anything like this? Id be mostly interested in ones that will show a mill program but lathe would be a nice addition.

Thanks, Major

Try www.ncplot.com
    Not sure if this is what you want but it works great for my quickie G code programs.

The isometric view is really helpful to see if I made any big mistakes.

Ver 1.1 is free.

V2+ is $75 and has alot of extras (like machine configs, etc)

IMHO an excellent proggie and just what I needed.
    (my Win98/1ghz pc runs it faster than I can see it, but the 'animate' function can display the G codes block by block)

The programmer (Scott Martinez) provided top quality support. When I had an installation problem on his latest beta release he stuck with it until it was fixed -in a matter of hours.

Good luck,
    Pres

Free one at MicroTech.
    http://www.cncsimulator.com/
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Quote Originally Posted by Pres View Post
    Try www.ncplot.com
    Not sure if this is what you want but it works great for my quickie G code programs.

The isometric view is really helpful to see if I made any big mistakes.

Ver 1.1 is free.

V2+ is $75 and has alot of extras (like machine configs, etc)

IMHO an excellent proggie and just what I needed.
    (my Win98/1ghz pc runs it faster than I can see it, but the 'animate' function can display the G codes block by block)

The programmer (Scott Martinez) provided top quality support. When I had an installation problem on his latest beta release he stuck with it until it was fixed -in a matter of hours.

Good luck,
    Pres
    I second that.

I would suggest to get the latest version of NcPlot, Scott has done some cool stuff with his program.

You can edit the g-code as often as needed to get the result you want. Then you can simulate the code.

He has a lot of great features, in his program. http://www.ncplot.com/ncplotv2/ncplotv2.htm

Also Scott is here on cnczone, very often. http://www.cnczone.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=269