586,396 active members*
3,008 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Stone Fab mess

I am wondering what you guys who fab stone all day do to keep you shops clean. I recently profiled and polished 450 LF of travertine cut down for base board in a custom home, and the amount of left over sludge was unreal. usually we cut our material on site, where we can just wash the saws out in the yard (new construction), but this time I did it in my shop as I had needed to profile a beveled edge and I wanted to be near the rest of my tools as i tried to set up a jig for cutting the profile. long story short there was a lot of slime on the floor, my target wet saw is half full, and my MK212 is full to the top. I can't dump it down the drain, and can't wash it out in the parking lot, so I figure I will let it dry, break it up with a screw driver, and shop vac it out. is there an easier way to do this? i thought of washing the crap out into a child size play pool (plastic cheapo) and letting the water evaporate out, then tossing the whole thing in the dumpster.
    Hopefully you guys have a trick to dealing with this, I have a lot more of this coming up and the mess sucks.
    Thanks in advance for any replies.

Since it's travertine....I would dump it in the garden.....I also recently profiled and edge polished about the same number of feet...and also for a custom home....I did mine in several stages and just trashed the stuff after it dried.

Au Naturale ...no Chemicals Biodegradeable...horrible For Your Lungs