586,100 active members*
2,743 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > bob cad or bob cad pro?

bob cad or bob cad pro?

What is the difference between bob cad standard and bob cad pro?
    Is the 4 axis programming simultaneous programming for bobcad?

Re: bob cad or bob cad pro?

If I remember correctly, 4 axis simultaneous programming is only available in the PRO version.
    A blacksmith

ok I've found out whats the difference now id like to know is it possible to buy first standard version then later if necessary upgrade to pro but without buying whole new package, just paying "for the difference"?

lets say standard ver is 3000USD and pro is 5000USD.
    you buy standard, change your mind and pay another 2000USD and upgrade your standard to pro?

or would you have to pay first 3000USD and then 5000 USD?

You can also get 3 axis pro, with 4 axis standard. Give bobcad a call and talk to a sales rep.

And yes you can upgrade later, I've had to upgrade our package at work a few times.

dont need 4axis standard.

so you can upgrade from 3axis standard to pro without paying another full license?

Yes you can, if you are doing any 3d contouring work I would recommend pro. But if you are mainly doing 2d toolpaths, standard will probably be all you need.

For sure get Pro if you plan to do any 3D CAM. I hardly ever use any of the tool paths that come in the standard.

Make the sales guys sweat it out, tell them its too much and make them come down. If you really want to make them work for a sale dont buy it on the first call, haggle with him then say you have to think about it and then they will call you back later with an even cheaper price after they "ask their manager" lol.

I have the 3axis pro since I do 3d parts every so often, but since our mill only uses a 4th axis rotary table for indexing I just do that manually when I need it.

Get pro. You won't look back. Paths are worth it.

Like others have said, if your doing any 3D tool-paths you need to get pro. Any 4th axis stuff you need pro. You can always upgrade or add on packages later as you need, we added lathe a year ago to our package.