586,069 active members*
3,587 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Best CNC under 15K

Well there are a lot of post like this and I am sorry to post another but I am doing this because they all end up considering the Tormach as the best option and I really don't see a better CNC but I can't buy Tormach.

I am from Portugal (Europe) and I belong to the MotoStudent team from my university. MotoStudent is a competition where you have to build a motorcycle to compete between universities.
    Well until now we didn't have access to any of the great CNC that our university has but after building the first motorcycle without any help we decided to push things a bit and we got 15000€ to buy a CNC to be used by students.

Now to the point, I can't buy Tormach because they don't sell here in Europe and I am obligated to buy the CNC from an European seller.

I have considered Skyfire CNCs and Syil but I need at least 400mm (15.7in) travel so the Syil is out of the picture as the only available with that much travel is the X7 which is over the budget, leaving me only the Skyfire which I don't have many feedback and because it isn't my money I am afraid of taking that risk.

Also I can't buy used CNCs.

My experience with CNCs is very little but I do have a small CNC router which I am using to make small parts in aluminum.

I hope you can give me good suggestion, thank you all for the help.

Re: Best CNC under 15K

I guess CNC Machine from China mube also beyond your consideration ,huh ?

Otherwise ,we could give you some suggestion .

Jackie