I'm new to CNC and the Kflop/SnapAmp, but competent at programming and comfortable with digital-level electronics. I purchased a rather early (2005) Industrial Hobbies square-column mill that has been sitting unfinished, but had the mechanicals 90% complete, and with an electronics package (PS, Gecko 320s, old Campbell Designs BOB), but I've decided to switch to Kflop/SnapAmp rather than add a SmoothStepper to the BOB, because I want to really understand the tuning, rather than just chase an oscilloscope trace with a tiny screwdriver on a trimpot inside a cabinet where I can't see what I'm doing.

Can someone (Tom?) confirm something for me regarding connecting my single-ended HEDS encoders to the SnapAmp?

Does it matter which encoder inputs I connect them to? Since they are single-ended, would it matter if I wanted to connect to the single-ended encoder inputs on the Kflop's JP7?

If I connect to the SnapAmp, do I just leave the other differential input from each encoder channel floating? I thought I read on this forum that the encoder inputs have pull-ups for that reason.

Is there any performance difference between connecting the limit switches to the SnapAmp vs. to the Kflop directly? That is, are the limit switches read with any less latency if they are connected to the Kflop? I understand that the SnapAmp is connected via the Aux connector and the Kflop basically polls it at about 11kHz. Are the inputs that are on-board the Kflop scanned any more quickly than this? I guess the only reason this would matter would be to determine how best to perform the homing routine, but I'm curious.

Thanks,
Dave