586,201 active members*
4,249 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

CNC Scanner and Path Pilot

G'day guys,

When we first started with Path Pilot, Tormach said that (at the time) they couldn't support their scanner.

For no particular reason, I've never really fooled around with "other" options, on the options tab in PP. The other
    day I clicked on the Scanner check-box and a new tab came up ...... I went to the tab and there's a whole
    boat load of stuff for the CNC scanner.

I did a bit of checking and the Tormach CNC Scanner V2 Package still doesn't say anything about PP.

So the obvious questions;

Has anyone tried it.
    Is anyone using it.
    Does it work ... is it any good, etc, etc.

I would really like to buy one of these.

Michael

Re: CNC Scanner and Path Pilot

Michael, did you receive any responses to your question? I am working on a long term project that would benefit tremendously from the scanner capabilities if they are coming at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by jcposada View Post
    Michael, did you receive any responses to your question? I am working on a long term project that would benefit tremendously from the scanner capabilities if they are coming at some point.
    To be honest, you're the first person to leave a comment.

I'm guessing that the scanner isn't that important.

Michael

Michael,
    Before I purchased the PP controller in mid July I asked Tormach to confirm that the scanner functionality would be included in the future. The following is the text of the answer from Matt Doeppers, the Engineering and Technology Manager:

Bevin, There is a beta version of Scanner in PP now. That said it has a few bugs and our attention has been focused only on bug fixes and improvements for machining based control, not scanner control. I do think we will come back to it, but the reality is that not many are using scanner compared to those using PathPilot for controlling their machining operations.
    Regards,

Matt

I didn't ask to become involved in trialling the Beta version, but perhaps you might be interested. Having more potential users making the request probably would increase the likelihood of it being given more priority.

For various reasons, I have yet to change over to PP, but when I do I will be keeping the Mach3 computer fully functional in case I need the scanner before PP is upgraded.
    Bevin

I have upgraded to PP and have been trying to get the scanner working. While I have actually made *A* working scan with it, I can not reliably scan at this point.

James.

James,
    Contact Tormach and ask the question when will PP be updated to fully operate the scanner. As quoted above, PP development staff are concentrating on upgrades that have more user interest than is being shown for the scanner.
    Bevin

Quote Originally Posted by bevinp View Post
    James,
    Contact Tormach and ask the question when will PP be updated to fully operate the scanner. As quoted above, PP development staff are concentrating on upgrades that have more user interest than is being shown for the scanner.
    Bevin
    I did via e-mail and received a prompt reply stating that it is not ready to be beta tested.

James.