586,104 active members*
3,367 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 4 of 15 2345614
    Can anybody tel me where to get the steppers and the driverprint in Holland?

I've look at www.conrad.com but i find a diverence in the specs.

Can i use these steppers :

http://www2.produktinfo.conrad.com/d..._SMC_12056.pdf

Kind regards:

Bas

Gday engext,
    Got your PM.
    Welcome to the group. I have used the the Xylotex driver and stepper system and Mach3 the run the g-code with no major problem. Check on the Rockcliff web page for the links. I am currently on holiday's in Fiji and will give you a call at the endvnext week when I am in Perth.

CC

Quote Originally Posted by sunlight View Post
    Can anybody tel me where to get the steppers and the driverprint in Holland?

I've look at www.conrad.com but i find a diverence in the specs.

Can i use these steppers :

http://www2.produktinfo.conrad.com/d..._SMC_12056.pdf

Kind regards:

Bas
    Hi
    I have looked at the pdf of the stepper motors they show a holding torque of 6kgf / cm I did the calculation into imperial at 83oz.in. this is on the small side your motors should be around 100 oz.in. or higher they appear to be a nema23 frame size but not enough power, please check my that my calculations are correct, I will look at conrad and get back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by rockcliff View Post
    Hi
    I have looked at the pdf of the stepper motors they show a holding torque of 6kgf / cm I did the calculation into imperial at 83oz.in. this is on the small side your motors should be around 100 oz.in. or higher they appear to be a nema23 frame size but not enough power, please check my that my calculations are correct, I will look at conrad and get back to you.
    I looked at conrad and could only find smc 800 ? a quick search of this controller I see some people are having trouble with it and mach3 ?

Hello,

Thanks for the quick reply, So conrad don't have the parts i need. let's look to other manufactors in Holland. I let you now.

Kind regards
    Bas

aluminium machining ?

Can I machine aluminium with the 269 oz.in. DS/DS Stepper Motors ?

-Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deleteallusers View Post
    Can I machine aluminium with the 269 oz.in. DS/DS Stepper Motors ?

-Thanks
    This current router design can only acheive light engraving of soft metals, Alum. Brass, a comercial version of this same router plan will be available soon, that will use comercial linear bearings, which will be more agressive with soft metals, when ready the addition to the plans as always, is free to any past customers, the amount of power of the motors will still be in the range of 100oz.in. to 300oz.in range. req.

The measerments on drawing m4 are missing. The are on the inch drawing but not on the metric.

In holland we don't have mdf 19mm only 18, is this a problem?

regards Bas

This current router design can only acheive light engraving of soft metals, Alum. Brass, a comercial version of this same router plan will be available soon, that will use comercial linear bearings, which will be more agressive with soft metals, when ready the addition to the plans as always, is free to any past customers, the amount of power of the motors will still be in the range of 100oz.in. to 300oz.in range. req.
    Thanks for the update rockcliff, I have started collecting material and will wait for you new plans before I start cutting.

Will the plans have the same dimensions as the current machine plans?

Quote Originally Posted by sunlight View Post
    The measerments on drawing m4 are missing. The are on the inch drawing but not on the metric.

In holland we don't have mdf 19mm only 18, is this a problem?

regards Bas
    18mm will be fine the design is flexable enough to allow 1mm thinner material, that is something I will take into account for future updates , I was allways under the impresion that 3/4" or 19mm was available, if you can send me an email I will email an updated m4 drawing I am aware of the missing dimension and did the update a couple of days ago but have not updated the plan set yet.
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by lovebugjunkie View Post
    Thanks for the update rockcliff, I have started collecting material and will wait for you new plans before I start cutting.

Will the plans have the same dimensions as the current machine plans?
    the comercial linear bearing version will be added to the existing plan set, and will be very close in size almost identical, I have been working on it for the last fews days and if all goes smooth hopefully next week, you should see it.

Cost of new commercial CNC machine design ?

Ok, I understand that the commercial linear bearings are what give the machine the ability to machine aluminium ? Is this correct.

Why is this ? Also, I have not purchased any of my parts for the CNC machine yet (only the plans)

QUESTION: How much will it cost to build the commercial CNC machine ?

I think I will wait if I can afford it, and plans are comming real soon. But I need to build very soon, in two weeks at most. And I'm on a budget. I would really like to machine aluminium.

Should I wait ? What will it cost to build ?

Thank you for your support

-Mark (aka deleteallusers)
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by deleteallusers View Post
    Ok, I understand that the commercial linear bearings are what give the machine the ability to machine aluminium ? Is this correct.

Why is this ? Also, I have not purchased any of my parts for the CNC machine yet (only the plans)

QUESTION: How much will it cost to build the commercial CNC machine ?

I think I will wait if I can afford it, and plans are comming real soon. But I need to build very soon, in two weeks at most. And I'm on a budget. I would really like to machine aluminium.

Should I wait ? What will it cost to build ?

Thank you for your support

-Mark (aka deleteallusers)
    [email protected]
    linear bearings and rails for this size machine will add $400 to $500 to your machine see http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d..._promot_widget
    as an example

Printed Circuit board routing

Is the Rockcliff Router accurate enough to engrave printed circuit boards?
    I would be making ones like the stepper driver boards with through hole parts to SMT parts circuit boards.

Gary Fiber K8IZ

The components for the new machine will be available soon as 1, 2 or 3 options this will include: motor couplings, trapezoidal spindles and nuts, radial and linear bearings, pillow blocks, Linear Round rails. Spindle machining, Trapezoidal nut and radial bearing housing.

The current eBay offer is for those customers that have the ability to Interpret / modify the original design using there own engineering skills.

Marchant Dice Ltd

linear bearings and rails for this size machine will add $400 to $500 to your machine see http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d..._promot_widget
    as an example

Quote Originally Posted by gfiber View Post
    Is the Rockcliff Router accurate enough to engrave printed circuit boards?
    I would be making ones like the stepper driver boards with through hole parts to SMT parts circuit boards.

Gary Fiber K8IZ
    Hi Gary,

My machine is accurate enough to engrave printed circuit boards.

Larry

Hello my dear friend please answer to my private message .
    thanks

This is mij router so far

Waiting on the rods and 3 motors.

regards Bas

Coolcuttings (or anyone for that matter)

Where did you get the sound proofing foam, and how well does it work?

Do you notice much flex in the unsupported rails of this machine?
    www.bigbearcnc.com

Quote Originally Posted by mwalach View Post
    Coolcuttings (or anyone for that matter)

Where did you get the sound proofing foam, and how well does it work?

Do you notice much flex in the unsupported rails of this machine?
    Hi,

I have some flex in my Z axis. I have the older set of plans that use 1/2" rails. If I keep the cut speed below 40 ipm, and didn't cut too deep, I had no problem. If I were to build this machine again, I would make the Z axis shorter. I can't use the full Z axis travel as it is designed.

I use no sound proofing.

Larry

Page 4 of 15 2345614