586,114 active members*
3,144 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Kitamura MyCenter 2 With OM-B Controls

Kitamura MyCenter 2 With OM-B Controls

So I had a tech come and look at the machine. Its a 1989 Kitamura Mycenter 2 OMB. Said something in the Parameters was off, even thought I have the ORIGINAL papers from Kitamura. I have an OM-B control, 20 tool changer. I need to see if the ladder in the ROM is bad, or if the ROM chips (EO1 and EO2) are bad and need to be replaced. The machine turns on, goes into ready, but when I turn the TEACH/EDIT/MDI switch, nothing happens. Anyone have this machine and a set of parameters? Or anyone able to burn a set of ROMS and I can paypal you? I need this machine back up months ago!!! Nobody seems to know how to fix it.

Little background, I bought this machine not working. Old owner said it just stopped dead in its tracks on day. He couldnt wait to fix it so he just bought another machine and let this one sit. When I got it the fans in the PLC cabinet were inop, clogged with coolant mist gunk. I cleaned them out and get them working. Possibly something overheated. Weird thing is the machine powers up, I can put in parameters and diagnostics. The ball screws will fight me if i try to turn them manually, so i know the drive is active and in feedback loop. If i take the machine out of ready with estop I can spin the screws and the POS moves accordingly.

I need someone who can possibly burn a set of EEPROMS for me, since it seems to me that something in the ladder is missing. The ATC doesnt do anything, theres no "air pressure low" warnings. Anyone have an idea? Techs are back on thursday. Id gladly pay someone to set me up with some EEPROMS or if I can even mail my existing ones out to have them looked over.

I have a youtube video of me walking around the machine ill post up in the next post.

Re: Kitamura MyCenter 2 With OM-B Controls

Have you checked for 24vdc at the switches on the operator panel

i think you miss some D parameters aka keep relays
    i think in your model ladder is not showing and will be hard if you do not have a print copy of it.
    please send me at [email protected] the diagnose pages(photo)

I will check at the lights for 24v tomorrow.

The keep relays and the 300 and 400 diagnostics are having an issue. Even thigh the parameter for decimal input is selected the diagnostics will still only accept binary for the info. Such as 3000 can only be entered as 1000.

Also the ladder on the OMB is not displayed in the system I need a FLADDER to read but that does me no good unless I have another eeprom to copy or a copy of original ladder files.

Where are you located? Country, state/province, city?

Anaheim CA.

Call me @ 289 389 6117

Hey memoryman thanks for the advice. I got a little farther. Not sure what time zone you are in but call me if it's not too late.

Thanks to memoryman I think I have it narrowed down to bad eeproms. I have a few techs looking into finding ladder files for me. Ill keep everybody posted.

we tried running the ladder into the Type-M board, and some things work. But my machine and paramenters were type-L from the factory, so I need to find a way to get them back into that form. Ugh.