586,106 active members*
3,303 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

More first cuts

Have not had to much time to test the new machine... But got a few more cut examples.. And got me a copy of Vcarve.. What great support!!!.. Have had no problems with the software but had a few exchanges of files which helped me figure some things out about vectors and paths.. For sure stuff they didn't have to do for me..

Anyway all I can say is what a great piece of software and super people..

Here are 2 pics of a quick company plate I did..

b.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF0078.JPG   DSCF0079.JPG  

Nice job!

Hi b.

Nice clean design and the machining looks very smooth.

Thanks for the praise, it's very appreciated!

Tony

Ya the machine does pretty good. All considered I think it works better then I expected it to..

Can run a design off in the machine in less then 1min 20 seconds. Running a feed rate of around 50ipm and 150/400ipm rapids. Only thing I think I have a little flex in my gantry and I'm running pretty agressive acceleration (25ipm I think) and if you look reall close at the top of the T you can see a slight bump in the line going accross the top of the T. Think that can be cured with the lower accelerations. Also figure my Z is extended some 8+ inches at that point to get to the table. One down side I guess.. But I can park a truck under my gantry..hehe But anyway..

I'm very pleased.. to say the least..

Now just have to get more bits and find more to do..

b.

i'm in a similar situation with my machine... (big tall gantry) but i'm thinking that due to how big and heavy i built it the fles wont be that much of an issue... could you post a couple pics of your machine here so i can get a good look at your gantry for notes comparison?
    Grizzly X3, CNC Fusion Ballscrew kit, 3 500oz-in bipolar steppers, 3 203v Gecko's, Linear power supply from Hubbard CNC, Mach 3, BOBcad Pro Art V22, Rhino.