586,075 active members*
3,925 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Customer Support after purchase!

Customer Support after purchase!

Is anybody else having problems getting through to customer support? I purchased Bobcad about a month ago, and I just get an email from them that the new version 28 is out. So I proceed to call my sales rep about eligibility of upgrading and he informs me that I have to call customer support, but he doesn't think I will be eligible as I got it at such a cheap rate. I proceed to tell him that had I known that a new version was going to be out within a month I would have waited to purchase it if this is the case. So I call customer support, which by the way there is only one person handling this task, and I get their voice mail. So I leave a message with contact info and it has been 2-3 days and I still haven't heard anything from them regarding my question. Why is it that they can have salesman that call and send emails constantly but have such a lack of customer support? I have other software that I was planning on purchasing from them but am rethinking this now due to lack of timely support.

Rod

Re: Customer Support after purchase!

Yup, know the feeling. No support, but bug you all the time to try to get you to buy the Newest version all the time. I have given up on them and use different programs now.

What do you use?

Tell the sales rep that you have extramoney to spend and if he would like to take advantage of your offer. You have a little leverage but not much on V28. Tell him that if he would not like to take advantage today he should call you when he does. Sales guys are driven!

If it has been less then 40 days threaten to take them up on their "Satisfaction Guaranty" and you are going to a another software. Might get some action.

Now that you have worked v27 for a few days, what about the software doesnt meet your needs? Next suggestion is just use 27 and be happy with the killing that you made on the deal!

I'm more pissed about the lack of response from support and the fact that after the sale my salesman didn't want to get involved. If they can't even respond in a timely manner to a simple question, what am I to expect with a real problem that halts my productivity. Just because I got a good deal on it doesn't mean I should settle for any less than someone who paid more.

Native 34,

There is no excuses for not getting back to you in a timely manner. Please contact me directly, so I can handle this right away. We care about you and your business and our goal is to provide the highest level of support.. I apologies for any inconvenience caused buy us not getting back to you.
    Al DePoalo
    Partner Product Manager BobCAD CAM, Inc. 866-408-3226 X147

Al

I tried calling you directly, but the person who answers the phone just keeps putting me thru to my sales rep.

I had good support during my trial period because I explained that I was only able to use it about 5 days during the "trial" period. However, this yearly upgrade looks to be problematic for those of us who are minimal users. I won't upgrade because they haven't fixed the tutorial issues I discussed on this forum over a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by majsteve View Post
    I had good support during my trial period because I explained that I was only able to use it about 5 days during the "trial" period. However, this yearly upgrade looks to be problematic for those of us who are minimal users. I won't upgrade because they haven't fixed the tutorial issues I discussed on this forum over a year ago.
    There are lots of ways of learning,,,I have not tried their tutorials (you mean the written tutorials ?),,but the Video Professor series are great
    and so is Al's video's https://www.youtube.com/user/Depoalo...view=0&sort=dd and the Video's for 26 and 27 are mostly relevant for 28.
    and
    Not making excuses for your unsatifaction with the tutorials,BUT,,there is plenty of resources to learn from
    and
    You can always ask questions here.
    and
    if your use is minimal,,I don't think it necessary to upgrade every year (sorry Al) ,,unless you see something you absolutely have to have.There is a heck of a lot of software to learn,,,the key is to learn it well and use it to its fullest.
    I could/can still use V23 for most of my work if I had to,,but each version keeps getting better and better,,so "I have to have",,,,but then again,,I also make money with the software,,so it is worth staying current.

After having purchased every version of bobcad from 23 to
    27 lathe and mill. I say no more. Bobcad works like this.

Sales gets you to buy the product.
    They pass you off to somebody that locks you in so you cannot get a refund.

Customer support is there to tell you you are SOL and it's yours no matter what please go away don't bother us.

Tech support is there to find a work around to your problem and get you to go away.
    They will also tear your system apart and leaving it unworkable for you to rebuild.

I have found some bugs in 25 they are still there in 27. Most of there time goes into new features not fixing what they consider lower value bugs, even ones that crash the system.

I am finished with this. I have a choice where to spend my money and it is no longer with them.

Jim

They will also tear your system apart and leaving it unworkable for you to rebuild.

That's a first,,never heard that before

(nuts)

Not once but twice. Burned a whole day with them one time deleted all dir fresh restart.For no gain problem not fixed system would still reset losing my cam. Bug still existes in 27 not as often but still there.

jim

All I can add to this is that BC was very responsive to the issues I had, and their support was excellent. The few times I have called on them, they called back within an hour, and walked me through the issues I had.

I have to double down on Jrmach - the AL videos are great, and I have watched them many times, learning more each time. They are invaluable. While we don't do production machining (WEDM and 3/4 axis mill for electrodes), we have found it easy to work with and it generates pretty darn good code. WEDM is the exception, but the promised that on the next release.

I do share your exasperation on the release/cost stuff. However, they made good on it for 28, and I am pleased with them in all regards. Suggest you hunker down with AL's videos, and take some time to figure it out. We are having success with it. Have to admit that it was rough at first. But now - bang and done.

I have started learning Fusion 360 in parallel with using BobCAM for SolidWorks as with the new support system I doubt I will be able to afford the upgrade (pending actual pricing review)

Have not bothered with the updates since all the hassle with build 1788 as there was no post processor suitable for Mach 3 turn that actually worked with the machine.

The best customer support is on this sub forum. All in all there are good and bad points with the company. The new support system does not really work for small users so I would check out Fusion 360.