586,108 active members*
3,218 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > G-Code Programing > HELP needed for Siemens Controller programming!!

HELP needed for Siemens Controller programming!!

Need help with a HIT-18S CNC lathe, serial# 018-441 SIEMENS CONT
    I have just purchased a 1994-1996 model Hundai cnc lathe with a Siemens Sinumerik control, has a color screen with soft keys, using some advanced version of dos, has a hard drive with PC side and NC side to the control. I am looking for help in writing and program and loading it into the NC side to run the part program. I have all the manuals but they are really hard to understand, the control seems pretty unforgiving if you make a small mistake it seems to throw an error message pretty easily. The machine has a lot of existing programs that can be modified if that is the easiest way to get me up and running. I am looking for someone that is well versed in the Siemens controllers if there is anyone out there please email me a fast track way to get a program loaded into memory so I can run my parts. I have written a program in MDA and can run it but it erases each time I shut the machine down, that is a problem......I may be able to copy the program and save it as a MPF file some way, I was reading the manual on how to do that but it is a lot of information, and hard to understand. Please help me if you can. Thanks!!

You have to make a new workpiece then name it, that acts like a folder to hold your program. Then you create new part program(mpf) inside of the workpiece. Then you can add your code to the mpf file. I learned by reading the manuals, you are right in the manauls sucking. I would read, then try at the machine, write down the steps I took, and it starts to make sence if you read your own words. Its been awhile but i was very good with that machine, if you study and use the support functions you can make almost anything and fast also. Learn the support functions, it is almost fill-in-the-blank with them. I will try and answer any question you might have, i hope that gets you going on the right track.

I had been a long time I haven't working with Seimen, and I hope I can help you. To make a new program and save there are quite few steps you have to do. I don't know you notice but Seimen has conversational build in the control I will save you a lot of time compare to G-code.

To make new program in G-code: Select Program->Select main program->Type in MPFxxxx(number you like)->Select new progrom-> type in the G&M code you want...... blahh blahh when done Select save program->Select in new Workpiece->type in the name you want up to charater->Hit Input. You just make a program and save.

To run this program on NC side, you need to exit to main screen(Position screen) then call the program up and execute.

Hopefully will give you some idea.
    The best way to learn is trial error.

The machine has a lot of existing programs that can be modified if that is the easiest way to get me up and running.
    Thats what I did when I first started running our 840D, I took the smallest program that was already on the machine, edit the heck out of it, till I had a generic program, then I just kept making copies of the generic program, and adding my code for all my new programs.

Our 840D runs NT, so I'm not sure how similar they are to each other, on the 840D after you write your program, & save it, you have to load the entire file, then open the file & unload the "Parameters", then go back to the main screen & load the program, then hit "cycle start" when your ready to actully run the program.

Do you have a "Save" soft key?

I know this will sound like self publicity but my book covers ISO programming of both Fanuc and Siemens control systems on turning and machining centres. As all controls (even from the same manufacturer) vary the guide shows examples that will then help to understand the makers manual and has spaces for your notes. It is avaiable world wide (Amazon etc.) the publisher is www.lulu.com/bryanhurst who sell it on line for about a tenner (£10 - $18)

Hey, can anyone help me with one small query.
    I work with a Milling/Faceting machine which works on Siemens 840D.

I want to know how to program an interpolation on one out of two already synchronized, running axes.

For example: I synchronize rotary B-Axis with the Spindle (its making 50 cuts per rotation[TRAILON]) .

While this is on I want to make an interpolation: G01 Y-5 B50 F250

This does not work. But i know that this is possible.
    How can i make these sequence of events work?

I would really appreciate your help.