586,362 active members*
2,933 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

4896 LC M1 position error.

I was running a texture tool path and it would error out on the x axis at different spots. Also found it would not line up on the x if I stopped the program to adjust cut depth and it would be off a little on the restart.
    Had to rotate program 90 degrees and run in the Y direction and it works fine. Machine homes fine also.
    Read on forums that it could be loose connections, they are fine. All is clean and greased.
    Tried again this morning and found the belt under the table was pretty loose, tightened and ran the program again in the y with no errors. Machine was not cutting underload, I ran it up over the material and it ran the whole program with no errors.
    If anyone else has this problem, check the tension on the belts, mine was pretty loose and was slipping off the teeth when under load and causing the error.
    Where is a good place to get replacement belts? Mine are about 7 years old.
    Anyone else have this issue, hope I resolved it before I screw up some work !!

Re: 4896 LC M1 position error.

CNCGG,

It is usually unlikely that a loose belt would cause a position error. Normally, it would just result in a lousy cut. Hopefully this solved your issue, but if it didn't, give us a call at 516-415-2621 or send us an email, support at armorcnc. com - we provide support 7 days a week, 7am thru 10pm eastern time.

If you need the belts, send us the tooth count and we'll be able to supply them.

Regards,
    Eric Feldman
    Armor CNC
    Eric Feldman - Design Engineer, Programmer
    Armor CNC - http://www.armorcnc.com Support hours: 7am thru 10pm EST, 7 days a week

Re: 4896 LC M1 position error.

also check out your pulleys, I had a client who was having a problem a while back turned out the belt was fine but the pulley was eroded.