586,080 active members*
3,715 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > CNC Wood Router Project Log > I finished and have my Model 2006 running Vid included

I finished and have my Model 2006 running Vid included

Well guys after some frustrated nights and days I have my Joe Model 2006 runing very well. I accidently installed the gantry incorrect which made a small mis-alignment in the lead screw. This caused major problems with missing steps. After taking the machine apart I realized that I had also had the double nuts to tight against the bearing blocks. Well needless to say I got everything fixed and the machine is truely great. Here is the video of me cutting the dust collector mounting brackets. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDWp4ctmaAM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDWp4ctmaAM

Congratulations!!!

Great video! Is that the Hitachi router?

Just started working on my kit today.

Have fun and post pictures of your machine

William

Good machine.

Please motor size and driver name give me

Hobby cnc board. hobby cnc 200 oz stepper z axis, Keiling 495 oz stepper on x and y axis.

Congratulations! Really enjoyed the video. Looks like your machine is scooting. Hopefully I can say the same for mine in a month or two.

i thought the keling 495oz motors were 4 wire and the hobbycnc didnt support 4 wire motors, only 6 and 8.
    if it does work than that is great, i was looking at pairing the same motors and driver (before i was told it wouldnt work)

but your machine looks great.

~Magick_Man~

Smile

Just my luck I am at my mom's out of town and did not bring my laptop all I have is my pocketpc mobile phone and can not view the video yet. I will see if I can download them and possibly view them.

I am very glad you got it running and working well now. Look forward to seeing pictures as well and the work you do with it I know people like to see results pictures speek for them self in results.

Joe

saw the video finally, looks good, and cutting real good also.

joe

Yep, looks very good, always nice to see Joe design in action.

Just bumped this so people have a resourse for another video to have fun with.

Joe

machine is a work horse! I use it everyday

Can you post pictures of some of the work you are doing with the machine now, I would like to see it and others would also.

Hey Magic Man,
    Why not buy the Keling package deal rather then mixing the HobbyCNC board? I know the HobbyCNC is great hardware, but this time I don't want to do the soldering. The Keling packages look pretty attractive. I too want the stronger stepper motors.
    Dave
    PS Note to Silver4dracs: Great machine. Post more stuff please.

Quote Originally Posted by magick_man View Post
    i thought the keling 495oz motors were 4 wire and the hobbycnc didnt support 4 wire motors, only 6 and 8.
    if it does work than that is great, i was looking at pairing the same motors and driver (before i was told it wouldnt work)

but your machine looks great.

~Magick_Man~