586,713 active members*
3,016 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Gildemeister CTX 200 Fanuc 0T

We are having parameter problems. I need help with resolving a number of issues. First I need to find out how can I determine the Fanuc 0t series (A,B,C ???) I watch the screen when it comes on and just numbers then to regular screen. Color screen if it helps?

Problem #1, after the machine is homed, it looses the limits, so when I use rapids to go back it will over travel and get an alarm, then it won't go back, have to e-stop then rotate the ball screw manually back to the soft stop position. After the machine has been homed once, the home function will no longer work,

Problem #2, the absolute position changes when resetting or restarting. It reads X=28" or so on a machine that has only 8" to 10" of x travel.

Problem #3, The chuck pedal signal is ignored by the control, yet the chuck works with M36 & M37 in MDI.

Problem #4, When the chuck is rev to over 1500 RPM the motor brake doesn't work, so it freewheels until it gets to 500 RPM then stops slowly. The CW, spindle stop and CCW buttons do nothing.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give!

Re: Gildemeister CTX 200 Fanuc 0T

[QUOTE=louisald;1739634]We are having parameter problems. I need help with resolving a number of issues. First I need to find out how can I determine the Fanuc 0t series (A,B,C ???) I watch the screen when it comes on and just numbers then to regular screen. Color screen if it helps?

on the electrical cabinet you will find the big card that have slotted in others cards like graphic card,I/O card etc and on the top of this card you will find the FANUC 0T followed by A B C

Problem #1, after the machine is homed, it looses the limits, so when I use rapids to go back it will over travel and get an alarm, then it won't go back, have to e-stop then rotate the ball screw manually back to the soft stop position. After the machine has been homed once, the home function will no longer work,

This mean that your soft limits are bigger than the overtravel hard limits ,check parameters 701,702 must be around 5000.
    if are bigger please adjust it around 5000
    if it is homing on the dog please check the limit switch and the dog if are very good tied

Problem #2, the absolute position changes when resetting or restarting. It reads X=28" or so on a machine that has only 8" to 10" of x travel.

Problem #3, The chuck pedal signal is ignored by the control, yet the chuck works with M36 & M37 in MDI.

most of the common problem on this is that the wires are broken inside of the pedal,please check that first.

Problem #4, When the chuck is rev to over 1500 RPM the motor brake doesn't work, so it freewheels until it gets to 500 RPM then stops slowly. The CW, spindle stop and CCW buttons do nothing.

i think you have problem with the driver of spindle or some parameters are wrong or maybe the resistance is bad
    about buttons i think you miss a +24 v on the board or is some more conditions to close ,need ladder to check for this.
    do you still see the ladder on screen(parameter 60.2 must be 1)-over the C model you can see it ,on the A and B version of 0T you will not be able to see it

have a good day!